Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Ahhahhah you brought that on your self lol

But in all seriousness I am truly sorry for your perceived loss

1 Like

I’ve ridden boards that run stiff (Sec 9 Faultline) and one that run flexy (shitty 40" drop deck with DKP) and I honestly love the spring to them…maybe I’m just a little bitch but got a weakness for that bit of bounce

W :doughnut: :doughnut:H :doughnut: :doughnut:

no cracks!!!

3 Likes

Yay! Skatan is with you today

1 Like

^^^this, probably at least in part.

A +/-45 degree fabric layup is very torsionally stiff, whereas a 0-degree (or 0/90 to a lesser extent) is much more longitudinally stiff. Unidirecitonal fiber is the stiffest in a straight line. multiaxial weaves (biaxial, triaxial, quadaxial) try to keep stiffness in every direction. You can drastically change the properties of a chunk of composite just by changing the orientation of the fibers in it.

3 Likes

I will never understand why people do this.

1 Like

science

0DD077D9-125E-4038-80B2-63D14D492D71

1 Like

also the big ass rocker (camber) longitudinally adds a bunch of torsional stiffness

1 Like

Will a hummie deck have enough clearance for Torqueboards AT wheels? They are 160mm, 6.3". I would be hoping to mount them on BN220 RKP trucks drop through

1 Like

Some noob questions about pneumatics:
Do they generally “break in” after a while?
I noticed they get pretty warm from just mild use. Is that normal?
How far do you guys inflate them?
What’s the advantage/disadvantage of a low or high tyre pressure?
Any tips on balancing them properly?
Are there rain covers out there that attack to caliber mounts and don’t cost more than the tyres?

YES definitely better the longer you ride them till they go bye-bye… (worn out) there is a mold release on a new tire that makes the super skatey till you scrub them in.

i’d say yes… but you said “mild” and “normal” in the same sentance… hahahaha
Underinflated tires run hotter

there is a pressure rating molded into a quality tire.
High pressure better milage, and wH/Km, lower pressure better grip to a certain extent, but I’ve been known to run a tire rated for 36psi at 50psi (but that’s on me…) pressure also increases as the tire get hot…

they sell stick on lead weights

Anyone ever used one of these to make their board?
It looks so fucking nice. Too bad I’d have to remove the hubs

Does the Backup configuration save as a file? If so can anyone do me a favor and do a backup and send it to me to see if I can see it’s contents?

I got better at it but it takes time. I try to have both feet balanced against the thrust of the board mostly on accelerations. not all on the front foot. but it’s pretty natural to have far more of the force on the back foot. and that’s worth working on.

I injured a tendon and had to learn better stance.

1 Like

flipsky1.xml (7.9 KB)

try this

1 Like

in my not so expert opinion. I think this is a voltage divider. to drop the signaling voltage from the HC-5 to match the vesc.

source: I built a “nanite” arduino clone and it used this trick to adjust usb signaling voltage so it could just be handled by one of the ATiny85’s pins

1 Like

I’m not a sparky guy by any means but the resistors are on the TX line and then to ground…

am i just fukked up???

so it’s dropping the vesc tx voltage to the hc-10. IIUC. i’m not super sparky either but I think about it.

this is a simple voltage divider. which is what that thing looks like it’s doing.

1 Like

Amazing exactly what I needed , with this I can have the user just backup the settings on the Vesc tool and upload it to the site to fill out the ESC Settings for their board profiles. It’s no JSON file but should still work.

Thank you so much man.

glad it helped… I had a random one hanging about!

1 Like