Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Awesome thanks for the tips guys.
Makes me feel better about the whole situation.
Ive been at a standstill for awhile

2 Likes

n00b question time

does anyone have a calculator, or reference dimensions of what size (in O.D.) a 5M pitch wheel pulley is?

I don’t want a gear calculator thank you very much… I wanna know how big a wheel pulley I can put on a specific OD wheel…

thanks a bunch… I know someone has to know source!!!

You and @abusfullofnuns were correct, fw was already installed and I was able to run the motor detection and get things set up and working last night, thank you guys and @fessyfoo for the help!!!

2 Likes

Something like this? Courtesy of some random alibaba page

3 Likes

When I’m mounting my motors onto the mounts the wires are already touching. This happens waybefore they are even tight yet. I’m afraid if I tighten them down they will get crimped and not be good for the wires. Is this ok? Or any suggestions?

Anyone ran into this issue before? It seems like its rubbing or binding.

@Eileen
@Agnes_Maytech

If you mean the wires are getting bent back so they’re perpendicular to the plane of the mounts, that’s fine. If you’ve got mounts that bend the wires back more than that (some have a pocketed out area for the motor) then I’d recommend rotating the motor 90 degrees so the wires come out the side rather than against the mount.

It’s repeated bending that tends to cause problems.

1 Like

l

@MysticalDork
Yeah it is pocketed and this is nowhere near tight yet. There isnt anywhere for me to rotate the motor to so it doesn’t do this. Unless im misunderstanding something

1 Like

You got a picture of the mount without a motor on it?

Tb6380s and janux mounts

Is there room to thread the wires down through the hole before tightening the motor down?

Or how about putting the orange plate on the other side? You’ll lose some motor-to-motor spacing but it’ll keep the wires from getting bent.

2 Likes

YES… that is pretty fucking close comparing the Do dimensions…

thanks !!!

2 Likes

That mount doesn’t look like it will work unless you are able to feed the wires through the mount plate onto the belt side.

I would get a different mount.

This is a @Janux-esk8 MBS mount. Maybe he can shed some light on this

1 Like

It seems like the motor should go right onto the orange part and that would act as a spacer for the wires not motor going through black part to get to orange part. Like @MysticalDork said will lose some width but would give more space for the wires.

After fiddling for afew seconds i flippedthe orange piece onto the other side and it felt magical. Haha. There’s even a cutout on that side so the orange piece fits inthere perfectly.
I got these second hand so I’m going to have to look a little closer at the website to make sure I have things set up right. I just assumed they were already.

Its been a while since i had it all together but i remember some issues getting the crossbars to fit right but i was putting it on the fact that the motor wasn’t fully tightened. This will probably fix that too.

4 Likes

Nope, its correct like that

4 Likes

Oh dang thats weird. Bc check this fit

Id rather not have to get new mounts bc these are awesome and fit my matrix one trucks which are hard to find clamps for

1 Like

Is that mount steel or aluminum? The black part

Aluminum