Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I think it’s 2.06 currently. You’ll need to get your battery info, gearing, tire size, and motor info together. Are you running sensored or sensorless?

These may help:

https://vesc-project.com/documentation

I don’t currently have the sensor wires hooked up but I could.

It seems like I’d read that it didn’t make too much difference either way but that may only pertain to the older generation of vescs- I have sensor wire adapters, would you recommend I run sensored?

I poked around on that site for a while and didn’t run into this page- Thanks!

1 Like

I just searched for vesc documentation

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=vesc+documentation&t=hk&ia=web

1 Like

Dey should already come wiff correct firmware so I wouldn’t touchy touch it…

Do all the other stuffs tho motor, battery, remote etc. etc
:penguin:

@abusfullofnuns is :100: correct about dem coming with firmware already installed.

1 Like

I have tried a handful of Kegel pulleys. Torqueboards bolt-ons, both the old and new design DickyHo pulleys, 3D Servisas and Boardnamics. The 3DS and BN press-fits are both killer. The 3DS pulleys have more pins and fit with slightly tighter tolerances compared to the BN pulleys which makes them more difficult to remove if you like to swap wheels frequently. My current favorite are the BN pressfits, but you cannot go wrong with either Boardnamics or 3D Servisas pulleys.

3 Likes

An engineer buddy came over to checkout the mountainboard i am building and see if there are things i missed. I trusted him even more than I trust myself with my lipo batteries but he ended up shorting one.

So my question is, are shorted lipos salvageable at all? Or is it a paperweight at this point?

1 Like

There’s not looking like there is any major sag there dude, that looks ok :+1:

Motor and battery amps look good, did it feel any different?

2 Likes

felt normal. I didn’t see the sag in the logs either but the RT data shows some serious sag. multi meter shows correct voltage as well measuring from the XT60. At one point the real time data showed 1% with no loss of power. well I’ll keep an eye on it…thx

1 Like

Make sure exactly three of those new cells make it into each P-group, and exactly seven of each P-group are the old cells.

Yes. Just match the voltages as close as you can

2 Likes

It just depends how long it was shorted and what the amp draw was and for how long. So long as isn’t below 3.0V once at rest per cell then it should be “okay” it will have lost some cycles and will have increased internal resistance most likely but should work fine still if balanced. If any of the cells were severely damaged they will just end up discharging at a different rate so cells will have drifted more after discharge than normal.

1 Like

Ok sweet. It was just a splitsecond as he was looking at the connectorsamd it was probably at storage level bc it was brand new. So do i just attach new connectors somehow? They are pretty toasted

Do MBS Matrix 2s have different mounting holes than traditional RKP trucks?

No they are the same

2 Likes

Yah you can buy little jsts with the same spacing as balance leads I think 2.54mm or .1" spacing is the norm just do one wire at a time and solder wires in the same order either that or get crimp tool and kit of jst connectors but crimping properly takes some practice (so does soldering but personally find it easier and have more practice)

1 Like

Yeah, just either chop off or desolder the old ones, and solder/crimp (as appropriate) on some new ones.

One trick to make sure you don’t short anything during this process, is to only ever work on one wire at a time. Leave everything else alone, or covered in tape, etc to prevent any possibility of a lightshow.

4 Likes

And don’t forget the heat shrink tubing! @JustEnough9

1 Like

+1 for covering unused wire ends in tape

Exciting lesson to learn

4 Likes