Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Nice intro I feel like a noob again hoping to avoid some pitfalls this time around. not going full retard no straps and no lunchbox. But this may change.
495nko

3 Likes

Most fender washers are M6 I use M5 and M6 but they are beefy. M4 is more noob friendly.

1 Like

it works the same way, deck shape is for personal preferences or specific needs

1 Like

am i right in thinking that for a street build a Vesc6 based ESC such as the maker x mini foc plus is going to allow me to configure better braking (smoother and more responsive) than the Vesc 4 based Go-Foc Retro? - id be running 12s4p NESE battery and my remote is Flipsky V2

Are there pivot cups out there made to fit a caliber hanger in a paris baseplate?
I did a stupid and mixed them together reading that they are fully compatible, now my front truck has 5-6° area where it wobbles freely because the pivot cup is ever so slightly too wide

https://www.riptidesports.com/pivot-cups/

I’ll check connections. what ever it is, it just started a day ago.
** update**
Connections/connectors look good. Unity, Battery solder joints (XT60’s)

2 Likes

Hiya guys.

So I just ordered 30 extra cells for my pack to go from 6s10p to 10s9p and I need to charge all the new cells up to meet the current pack at 3.9. (yes I should’ve fully charged it before disassembling but I didn’t haha) can I just make the new cells into a 1s30P back and charge without balance up to 3.9?

Cheers

yes

10gillbordons

3 Likes

So decided to just go with calibers since apparently they will be a lot easier to mount. Would it be a good idea to go 50 degree in the front and 44 in the back, since I’ll mostly be riding on streets?

I ride 50 front 44 back. But only because i didn’t know better at the time. Feels good.

1 Like

Wait so is it a good or bad idea. Or should I just rust 44 both?

Its good if you want it. Not good if you don’t want it. But its not wrong to do it. A lot of people run different angles. Just read articles about what degree does for you and choose accordingly.

1 Like

Ahh so its just personal preference. Okay, I read up on it thanks

2 Likes

There’s a good thread about split angles here Split truck angles, wtf are they? and why should I care? and other stuff about trucks

2 Likes

I just got a couple of torqueboard’s new TB6 vescs and I’m not sure how to program them, I assume I will use the vesc tool like my old tb bldc vescs, but those came with instructions stating which version of the firmware I should use- these new ones didn’t come with anything like that.

Anyone running these that can point me in the right direction? I’m running 12s4p battery and TB 6380 motors with AT wheels if that info is helpful

Mine came with 5.1.

Have you done a motor detection before?

No I haven’t - my only experience with vescs is the older tb bldc which came with fairly detailed setup instructions and I still had to get help from @Skyart (thanks again for that BTW). These ones didn’t have anything with them instruction wise- Dexter messaged me that tutorials were coming but not for a little while and since they’re not officially up for order on his site yet, I’m not exactly sure, I just know they’re much different than the old ones.

I tried searching for a TB6 setup thread but I couldn’t really find anything dumbed down enough for me:)

2 Likes

All are basically the same. I’m newish but can walk you through too. Our homie @skyart has anwered a ton of questions for me. You ready to do it now? You’ll need the latest vesc tool.

2 Likes

Thanks man! I’m actually at work for a few more hours though (booooo work).

I tried to find the latest vesc tool download last night and it looked like 2.05? Does that sound right?

2 Likes