Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

A nfr52 Bluetooth module is $4 Bluetooth 5.0 works with phone and remotes.

1 Like

B…B…B…Buh I bought flipshit crap…

1 Like

Nrf51 if youre poor.

1 Like

It’s easy to upgrade flipshite place in here…

5 Likes

b…b…B… but I already bought it…

What is a reliable BLE module that is known to work for v6 vescs? Trying to connecting to the mobile vesc tool, and I have a Maytech 200a vesc based ESC and all reports online say that HM 10 modules won’t work with v6. Does anyone have a link to one they’ve used with success?

Whoa. @Movation from the future just answered that before it was asked.

2 Likes

Android yep no won’t work with hm10.
Working:
Flipsky BT works but should be reflashed (nrf51822 16k)
Metr Pro King of BT
Derelict Robot NRF well supported but likely vapourware.
Generic nrf51822 32K ram $5 but needs flashing

4 Likes

*Definitely vaporware.

1 Like

my favorite kind of underware!

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
10pickledildos

Anyone knows a good 12S / 3A charger seller in EU with fast-ish shipping ? I don’t really mind the price, thought about the charger too late. Need one for my 12S4P of P42A that I just received :smile:

@EboardSolutions should have 4a 12s chargers!

2 Likes

At 4p p42a you want a bit more than 3 amps honestly

2 Likes

What battery is it? It could mean you have unbalanced cells.

2 Likes

Noob question: Want to change from flipsky to Hoyt. Why the heck is there one more cable on the flipsky receiver and what do I do with it?

Where does it go?

Yah also any label on the board near the pin would be a good hint get a close up of the receiver straight on.

Could be going to external antenna or could be some kind of telemetry but not sure of any config the vesc can do with receivers over serial unless the receiver uses the UART somehow to send control signals to the VESC (perhaps a reverse switch or the like)

1 Like

The blue cable goes to the main power line. When the remote is powered on you have a row of 4 LEDS that indicate how much battery you have left, if it’s not connected you only have 1 blinking LED.

in short: its for the battery indicator on your remote that shows you your board battery.

5 Likes

That extra wire goes to battery positive so the remote can tell you how much battery you have left. You can get rid of that wire for the Hoyt remote.

edit: ninja’d by @xsynatic

5 Likes