Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

and you have one. you should try that first.

1 Like

well phUUk… why didn’t I think of that?

1 Like

maybe future k00k did??

1 Like

phUUk that guy he’s as reliable as USPS

What do you think I’m doing right now? haha. I’m rewiring the thing

I just kill steal’d your results @kook :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i’m to stubborn to be killt… and too tough to eat… my corpse would make a good bicycle rack or a good doormat

1 Like

I have a v6 flipsky bt module. have to figure out how to connect it to unity, but the diagram specs don’t really match up. I have a seven pin connector

unity is HW4 compatable

you do. you will.

I think between the flipsky diagram and the unity diagram you can figure it out. is the v6 vs v4 difference an 8 pin connector vs a 7 pin connector? if you have a 7 pin connector on hand to fit the unity you should be golden to make the right cable.

1 Like

I have the 7 pin connector, and am going to wire it based off of flipsky’s v4 bt module diagram. I was trying to compare the diagram to the unity’s but some of the terms don’t match up, and im not proficient enough in the language…

But we shall see see how it works when I wire it like the flipsky v4 diagram

1 Like

does the Metr module even have an LED so you know it;s powered?

I dunno… i shy away form closed source projects… it’s just me… but you could check the VCC pin and see if you have powAr…

we already know you have an unknown-previously fukked with unity… if you can hang with us… we can make it werk…

go rogue… and @fessyfoo is your man I lose interest qwickly for peeps that can’t read

right some of the pins are multi purpose.

mosi/scl/rx

three different modes the pins can be used in. primarilly when running vesc firmware that is the rx pin for the uart.

1 Like

Rx to Tx and Tx to Rx… it’s UART

Alright well I’m brand new to this. Any chance you could look at flipsky v4 bt and see if it will work with the unity the way it is wired ?

VESC tool and focbox ui are picking up on the bluetooth, and I’m getting data readings. The only thing is that it says my battery is at 100%, and it definitely isn’t

Just bear with me here

I think somethings off. I think you have vin on unity 3.3v pin and it should be on the 5v pin. every thing else looks right to me… but don’t trust me. :smiley: double check yourself. I’m tired. and alll I did was look at diagrams.

1 Like

I think you are right my friend.

I changed it, but my battery level is still at 100%

1 Like

@Deodand could you chime in when you get a chance?

did you set the voltage up in the app?

Well hot damn. I rewired the flipsky module,moved the 5v to 3.3v as @fessyfoo suggested, switched from VESC tool back to Focbox UI, set it up again, enabled UART and set baud rate to 11520, and now the focbox UI app on android is getting accurate battery readings.

So, problem solved for now. Knock on wood. And praise skatan

4 Likes