Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Use a flap disc on a grinder

1 Like

Use a credit card

2 Likes

Drastic situations call for drastic measures? :joy:

1 Like

Yup ended up getting a refund for that and had @A13XR3 build me a pack and it’s been very good to me.

4 Likes

It’s on a single 6355 with a focbox and it takes me up to 25-30 mph

3 Likes

That’s a great upgrade.

this makes me crazy as i have absolutely no idea what it is.

I even checked the metr logs and vesc real time data when it happens…nothing

Isn’t that a windscreen scraper for people live is insanely cold climates.

Second problem. Motors not starting at the same time/ one stopping.

PWM remote (mini) connected to the master
vescs connected via CAN

But the master is the one stopping.

neobox v6
3.62 fw
mini remote
flipsky 6374

im on the verge of quitting and buying a fucking prebuild.

2 Likes

someone has used a single 6384 motor with 6x2 wheels?

so weird. annoying. I got nothing other than to commiserate.

maybe give this problem it’s own thread so the history is one place?

1 Like

It just goes to sleep like that one one side?

12s Charger is reading correctly but stops charging the battery at 49.2v? What might be the problem? Cell way out of balance?

Maybe have to do that. Although i have the feeling i fixed it, have to do some more testing… (that always happens after i complain about things.)

@BillGordon Yup, it either won’t start at all or slow down until it stops completely. Left side (the one that stops is the master, connected to the remote) but i might have fixed it along side the other thing from above. I think i might do a thread even if i fixed it.

2 Likes

Was it always like that? Bms limiting charge? Cell degradation?

1 Like

If the charger shows 50.4v (or really close to that), it’s the bms cutting out.
The bms typically cuts out if a p group is overvoltaging (4.25v+), it does it until the pack gets balanced and then continues charging.
Or, the bms or the charger starts trickle charging, slow enough to not show the red led/start the fans. Check if it eventually reaches the desired voltage. It may be just that

1 Like

I remember getting the slowing down problem but i can’t remember what i had activated that caused it.
It’s either traction control or most likely you set the erpm limit under what it reaches under no load (basically one side keeps being over the rpm while the other keeps getting ordered to slow the fuck down. Canbus fuckery)

As for the motors starting at different times, try to put the same ppm calibration values on both vescs, same motor, battery amps same everything it makes sense to have identical

A little backstory. This is a backfire Ranger X2 battery that is still under warranty. It was intermittently reading 50.2v and around 21v so I assume that there was an issue with a series connection which backfire told me was correct. Now that they have fixed the battery and sent it back it is only reading 49.2 volts which makes me think there is a p group dead now or the groups are way of of balance :pleading_face:

1 Like

Could be that they changed a few p groups and with them being newer, they charge at a different speed. Leave it charging and see what happens.
Just a precaution: keep an eye on it or leave it where it can’t potentially spread a fire. You never know

1 Like

Did the seller issue you a refund or did you go through etsy to get the refund? I thought I did a decent amount of research but I guess I should have done more research on the pack.

1 Like