Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

4 Likes

ahhh milwaukee makers of fine power tools and some hops and pilsner stuffs…

that’s the beer that made Mel Famee walk us…

bad punch-line… sorry not-sorry

1 Like

Mmmmmmm and birth place of Harley Davidson.

1 Like

really I had absolutely zero Idea…

but I can damn straight tell ya where the first Indian motorsk00ts were made!!!

I recently purchased everything I needed to build my own electric longboard and it turned out to be much more of an undertaking than I expected.

I purchased two Flipsky 6354 190KV motors, a Flipsky 4.2 dual FSESC, a Flipsky VX1 remote, and a 10S4P 10.8 Ah Lithium Ion Battery.

The pulley I have on the wheels is 36 teeth and the pulley I have on the motors is 15 teeth.

My issue has been with correctly setting up the FSESC, I’ve watched several tutorial videos and I’ve read through other forum posts but I just can’t seem to get it right.

I plug in one of the VESCs and run the motor config and the motor type was set to FOC with the sensor port mode of Hall Sensors. I had everything set up and I had the motors spinning in the correct direction but when I took it out for a test ride I was only able to hit a max speed of 15mph and when I was going full throttle the VESC would cut out and I would start to coast.

I’m pretty lost here and I really want to get my board up and running and any help or advice on how to set up the FSESC would be awesome.

what’s ur setting for battery amp and motor amps? also which cells are u using? discharge bypass?

1 Like

What firmware version are you running try updating the bootloader, also it pays to do both sides separately with older firmware. Are your belts too tight. Post photo of motor detection. Where did you get battery?

Motor Max 60A
Battery Max 99A
10S4P 10.8 Ah lithium ion pack made from 18650 cells
Not sure about discharge bypass, where is that set in the VESC tool?
I’m running FW 5.1 HW 410
The belts are not very tight, just enough so that if I hold the wheel and try and turn the motor it won’t skip a tooth.

1 Like

Is it legit to post affiliate links?

I purchased the battery on Etsy from a seller that builds the packs to order

What cells?

That’s not something in vesc tool, that’s a hardware configuration issue.

Warning here about Etsy batteries…

3 Likes

im going to guess its not flipshit’s problem for now (since it kind of works off bench), but the BMS cutting off because u might have pulled more than 25A for a long period of time

1 Like

If it was from this seller https://www.etsy.com/listing/771133166/36v-10s4p-18650-electric-skateboard
then you need to set your battery max to 15A, not 99.

Also that’s a shitty, low power, made-in-china battery pack. Not made to order, except maybe soldering a different connector if you ask.

Your power will be severely limited.

And you should report the seller for fraud, because it’s a violation of Etsy’s ToS to say something is handmade when it ain’t.

3 Likes

Buying a battery from Etsy is like buying an rollex from a vending machine…

tumblr_nuj3bu6nHa1talfbwo1_400

5 Likes

Especially when the price seems too good to be true.

2 Likes

Get a new deck, and apply epoxy and frit to that one

5 Likes

The Xmatic iOS app doesn’t work on the latest VESC firmwares, be aware of that.
The most updated version it supports is 4.01.

After an hour of sanding I thought that exact thought I learnt you cant sand sand with sand paper did I say that right.

1 Like

Did you calibrate the remote?