Battery seller on Etsy

Thoughts on this guys batteries? Seem pretty cheap went ahead and got one

3 Likes

at the very least the math is wrong
someone correct me if I’m wrong but 36v x 20a is 720watts.

anyway, even those cheap ebay single esc’s will be able to max this battery out at 20a discharge

I wish you luck, but we rarely see super cheap packs work well here…

3 Likes

Looks a bit like an Ali battery with that telltale charge port. No details on cell type?

5 Likes

Also hard to tell how ‘good’ it was built without more pics. Curious why you only asked for opinions after hitting the purchase button :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

It’s 4P with 20A discharge, those are 5A discharge cells, garbage

7 Likes

Then almost assuredly bought on alibaba and resold.

7 Likes

typical reddit convo:
“what do you think about this awesome xyz i bought?!”
“they suck the llamas ballz”
“how do you know, if you don’t have one yourself, you don’t know shit about it. i bet it’s going to be awesome!”

8 Likes

This is the same one I almost bought :joy: then I spent 5x more. You’ll end of needing another one in a month.

3 Likes

Yeah a 20 amp battery is not going to be very fun. Not on a skateboard

2 Likes

Its probbaly wires for discharge as well, at 20 amps, imagine doing 25mph, and and being cut out 3 times by the bms while getting there lol, then you give it some throttle and it cuts you out at speed…I have had 60amp bmss do that to me, not fun. Fallen once or twice, even 80 amp bmss have cut out on me, but might be my fault for pushing those current settings lol.

3 Likes

I almost bought this same one. The guy told me the discharge BMS is rated for 30a. You’ll need to bypass it forsure. Probably really low quality cells. He probably doesn’t even make them just drop ships or has them on hand to reship in the states.

2 Likes

Glad you talked me out of the BMS for discharge! It is rated 30a for discharge.

2 Likes

If I were you I would just try to get a refund asap. You’re not going to be saving anything by buying this. You’ll just be wasting 130 you could be putting towards a really quality battery from some of the vendors and builders around here. You’re not going to get real 10s4p performance.

I’m sure it’s possible to make it work but un-modified you’re going to have some problems. Especially if this is your first build it’s going to turn you off everything. I was in the exact same position you were just a couple weeks ago. LITERALLY!

The battery is the single part you do not want to go cheap on. You really don’t want to get cheap things when it comes to esk8 in general. You absolutely are getting what you’re paying for. I wouldn’t expect to spend anywhere less than 350 for a quality 10s4p. My 10s5p is 500+ but it will last me at least 1000 cycles.

Buy right or buy twice :call_me_hand: let us knowwhat you decide to do. Someone here can help you get things going no matter what you decide.

1 Like

ended up cancelling the order lol… if anyone knows a good battery guy or anyone has a 10s4p for sale let me know.

5 Likes

You have quite a few good options. I’ll PM you a rundown

2 Likes

Claiming something is hand made when it is not is an Etsy seller agreement violation. Get rid of that shop.

7 Likes

tell your brother Johnternet to calm his tits

Doing my part to safeguard the community from shitty purchases :+1:

4 Likes

Best case scenario, hes actually producing decent batteries and can prove that to etsy and the shop continues.

2 Likes