Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Do you have a multimeter?
What connector does the charger have?

1.Yes have one.
2. Will look in 30min (driving home)

I’m still having this issue where the motors “knock” at low speeds. I had it with tb 6374s and 4.12 vescs, now i noticed the same with flipsky 6374s and dual neoboxes v6.

I have no idea what causes it (video is from the old setup, you can skip to 0:35 ) Could it maybe be the remote singnal causing it to stop/ stutter?

fw 3.62 on neobox v6 with mini remote

edit: still happens with a different remote.

Ok, the charger should put out a voltage when you plug it in, you can measure that from the charging connector.

Set the multimeter to measure DC voltage (100V scale or so)
Put the positive lead in the center of the plug and the negative on the shield, you should ge a reading

If you do not get a reading the charger might be broken.
If you get a reading the charger is most likely working, in that case the issue is most likely with the battery or BMS

Has anybody Tried these??

and if so what motor mounts did you guys use thanks @Trampa
1 Like

Not good for esk8. These are for Kiteboards or junior MTBs.

2 Likes

Thank just started reading the description :hugs: lol
I just want to find some 12 mm axles for tkp or rkp trucks @moon make some please lol

1 Like

Yes charger works thanks
Any ideas how to open enclosure without destroying?

Unscrew the screws? What does the enclosure look like?

No screws thats the thing

most likely under the griptape or the orange thingy

1 Like

I suspect the orange parts are hiding the screws.
Might also be that it’s screwed in from the top of the board (underneath the griptape) but no idea :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Found this, looks like the screws are under the griptape
http://rogerparks.com/instructional/yuneec-e-go-electric-skateboard-teardown/

Thanks guys!!!
Edit: battery is dead

My guesses.

• difference is probably the heat in southern california?
  • running pnuematics? vs thane?

still interested in your insights here.

Does anyone know how to remove the maytech motor shaft from the can? I already removed the set screw.

1 Like

@kook
@b264

Appreciate any help here.

3 Likes

Why do you need to take it out? The connection will probably never be as strong after.

3 Likes

I need to replace the motor shaft and the bearings because for some reason there is the slightest amount of movement when I wiggle the shaft. When I push full throttle, it also makes a loud noise that goes away when I release the throttle and slowly accelerate.

1 Like

I have another perfectly working motor and switched around the stator and the cans, the problem moved with this motor can and stator so I think the problem is a combination of the bearings and the motor shaft