Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I am 220lbs and I can definitely overheat the pair of focboxes in stock 10s setup if I climb any of the local hills.

1 Like

I have this too when going full throttle / very high rpm in the motor.
Imho there’s nothing to dislike about it :slight_smile: when riding slow its silent, when riding fast it screams like an F1

In understand if it annoys you and sorry if I missed some other noise. It seemed normal to me!

5 Likes

It’s loud in person. You just reminded me. If I heard correctly during last weeks ride there was a distinct switching from off to on. Before that I was riding top speed with no issue since I thought it was normal drive train noise. After, I feel like the rug is going to pulled up from under me. Wasn’t that loud before, since then and I’ve done maintenance on the motors, switched a lot of parts and also changed firmware… if I figure it out I’ll follow up

1 Like

There were some problems before if you put battery amps higher than motor amps.
Basically as soon as battery amps reach motor amps max value, both battery and motor amps jump to the highest set value, abruptly.
Let’s say you put max 40 motor amps and 60 battery amps
As soon as you have a speed high enough to use 40 battery amps, you immediately get all 60 battery amps as 60 motor amps and get a nasty kick in power at high speed.
Lower difference in values may only change the sound you hear from motors though

3 Likes

Me too, and I can’t. Can you tell me more about your setup?

1 Like

stock lacroix prototipo DSS50+ I’ve done it repeatedly on two different boards. would love to not do that.

10s5p 20700b
dual focbox,
dual 6374 Lacroix “not maytech”. (but maytech?) motors.
16T/62T 160mm, 175mm, 200mm tires.
socal temps always start at 25c

“closed up enclosure”

ESCs are bolted to an aluminum mounting plate / thermal mass

a recent ride where i got it up to 89c. but I wasn’t climbing the hills that usually overheats it.

3 Likes

So I bought some Bergs and completely forgot to buy pulleys and they’ve already shipped. Does anyone know who else sells pulleys for Bergs that would work with TB 218 trucks?

Anyone had tried spraying truck bed liner spray on their enclosure to make it more durable to scratches?

Or something like a LineX spray kinda thing?

1 Like

That is a great idea. I need to try that0__7Ow-xlTGoEx0d9a (1)

1 Like

perv some of @Linny’s builds

1 Like

Yes people have definitely done linex.

1 Like

Yea I’ve sprayed on all of my enclosures. Feel free to take a look at them from my profile. I wanna link em but I’m at work now :weary:

4 Likes

Gotcha, boo.

54967c291ad33c3dac392c095bf5d322d22d6dd7_2_690x388 90fafdd08dfbcd60b6bd6f65b3fe34cb65c90c6e_2_690x388

8 Likes

What’s the best d shaped rubber gasket size for an enclosure ?

Hello, what does a Potentiometer do?

Does this affect the amps or the end of charge voltage?
I was messing around with it, and somehow my 4A charger is outputting 5A now.

Be careful with that.

I thought they adjusted end voltage, but they could be set up to adjust anything else as well, such as current. That photo looks identical to a 42V 5A charger that I have, but I’ve never opened it up.

Measure, measure measure and don’t overcharge your battery.

1 Like

It seems to affect the end of charge voltage for me.
After touching that, it’s weird but my 4A charger is charging at 5A but I can’t find a way to reverse it.

So far i only had voltage potentiometers

Well, “Potentiometer, voltage trimming” implies that the potentiometer is for trimming the voltage. As in, you can tweak the output voltage. Other chargers sometimes have multiple pots, for adjusting current, voltage, and charge-end current.

3 Likes

Are those just truck bed iner spray or are those line x?

thanks @BillGordon for linking the pics!

1 Like