Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Is there a 6355 motor cover For TB218 and similar trucks?
I found this but it’s for 184mm

And maybe a motor pulley cover for TB Mounts with TB110?

Was having a look on Chinese hubs for a smallish board and notices that backfire states that their hubs are for 12s https://www.backfireboards.com/collections/electric-skateboard-accessories/products/450w-hub-motors-with-hub-wheels-and-front-truck-with-off-set-wheels
I don’t see how/why that would be? What am I missing?

I have 2 focbox 1.6, is it a bad idea for run them with canbus? Can I run both off one receiver without canbus?

as long as u turn on both focbox AT THE SAME TIME, then it should be fine.

yes, you will need a y-split servo connector

2 Likes

I am also interested… my daughter’s deck has been sanded I stupidly bought pink paint but mummy and child vetoed this. I am liking your idea of using a stain. I was also thinking of a gold wrap.

But this won’t go with the mother of pearl frit I ordered.

1 Like

Unicorn spit gel stain. It’s so easy to use and always comes out magically.

11 Likes

Yes… I can buy it here…4oz should be enough or should I get 8oz only thing I have ever purchased by the Oz was sticky weed and that was many many moons ago. Medical use only…

3 Likes

4 oz should be fine but I’d do 8 oz just to be safe and have some leftovers.

Of the unicorn spit of course…

4 Likes

tenor (13)

5 Likes

if i use 2 types of cells would it be better to use the same type of cell in a p group? yes right?

If you use different cells, even though you shouldn’t in the first place, you need to use the same combination in every p group, otherwise they will discharge differently, charge back differently and their voltage will drift in time

1 Like

ok that’s what i thought

Not a problem as long as you solder the + and - wires of the ESCs together before powering them up. Don’t take them apart again after that

That’s the only difference between 1.6 and 1.7

4 Likes

NO

Evenly split then

So if for example you have 20 30Q and 30 25R cells you’d need to do something like

each P group is two 30Q and three 25R cells

times ten

The p groups all need to be identical

with same type and age of cells

but within each P-group you have leeway, as long as you can make ten or twelve identical

6 Likes

Possibly they have different plugs than the other system.

There’s no mechanical reason you couldn’t run them at different voltages than 12s. Obviously, lower voltages mean lower speeds, and higher current for the same power, so take those limitations into consideration.

1 Like

Depending on the wood and the stain, you may have to remove a considerable amount of wood to get back to unstained surface. If that’s the case, it would probably be better to go with an opaque stain or pigmented varnish/paint, than try to either dig down to fresh wood or stain over the original color.

3 Likes

Thanks, that was my guess. Maybe they meant only for their 12s locked ESC or something.

1 Like

I’m thinking I’m going to leave the red and use the blue from the unicorn spit over the top of it. I‘m hoping it will be a purple color with some depth to it.

2 Likes

I am trying to install extended axles in my TB precision trucks. 3 out of 4 came off with minimal effort, but the last one is severely stuck. I tried using a torch to loosen any old Loctight and I am going to pickup some penetrating oil (WD40) to give that a shot. I am hoping to avoid complete disassembly and wrapping the hanger in cloth to put it in my table vice. Are there any good techniques for freeing up steel stuck in aluminum without fucking up the hangers?

Update:
Once I got it removed I realized what happened. My noob ass put a few drops of green Loctite 680 on the end of my axle when it backed during a wheel swap many months ago. Torching and WD-40 were not enough to adequately loosen things up.

The solution: I slipped a 3 foot pipe over my crescent wrench and while standing on the underside of the deck I was able to loosen the axle one half turn at a time.

The lesson: Loctite 680 is forever!

1 Like

Would running 12s4p battery and 6374 motors on a unity require a heatsink (for the unity)?