Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Turn the entire enclosure around so the front is in the back, and the back is in the front

1 Like

Or a pic from above to confirm direction of enclosure and deck.

2 Likes

I would try turning it around — even if it doesn’t appear to be the correct orientation. I would physically turn it around anyway, and look at it.

1 Like

That’s truly strange.

Where do you guys source inner tubes from? China at £7 a piece seems… excessive

1 Like

It truly just does not line up no matter which i put it.

Could it or the board have somehow warped in the 14 hours i had the enclosure off the board?

I just wanna ride my board :frowning:

1 Like

Then I would ask @eBoosted

If you are stressed to complete faster, you will compromise quality. Try to avoid that.

If you need to ride now, buy a used prebuilt

Did you remove all the guts before trying to bolt it back on? Do that first, maybe the ESC or battery are thicker than they should

When bolting the enclosure try to not tight the first bolt you install all the way in, try to let it loose and then move forward with the other ones evenly.

The enclosure will not warp in matter of hours on its own.

If it was bolted when it arrived it can be bolted back again, if you can’t make it, try increasing the hole diameter with a drill bit to the next measure, if it’s 5mm try a 6mm drill bit, if it’s 6mm try 7mm

@eBoosted I think he’s saying the holes don’t line up. I just don’t understand how, if it was bolted together upon arrival.

1 Like

This is like a fucking x-files.

3 Likes

Hello.

I will end up having to increase the diameter with a drill bit.

This really is bizarre. The enclosure obviously fit when I received it - it came assembled. I’m not sure what could have happened in the time I took the enclosure off but it does not fit at all without drilling these holes.

If it’s worth mentioning, I was trying to install it without the ESC or Battery in the hopes that my problems were being caused by one of them not being the proper size.

1 Like

I totally feel for you here, and I hope re-drilling solves it.

This is something nobody will ever be able to resolve. I’m glad you fixed it buy increasing the hole diameter a bit.

2 Likes

@mtsmithies How many total esk8 enclosures do you own? Do you have another deck somewhere with an enclosure? An older one perhaps?

I have 2 older ones but this is the only one big enough for my battery for this build. I’ve already fixed it now.

I really dont understand what happened to it though

1 Like

Hi Guys. This might be quite a stupid question but I was wondering if its normal for one motor to spin up before another on partial throttle?

1 Like

Hi @Owen, there is a whole thread for this. Cheers

2 Likes

Oh I must’ve missed that! Thanks. I’m also getting bad FOC detection result on one motor and I did have a look on this forum and couldn’t find anything?

edit This is why…

1 Like

Wheres a the thread with no topic, that’s derailed from the beginning and completely random?

https://forum.esk8.news/t/derail-jail-2020-summer/28938