Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

@RCfuntime if you have D shafts on your motor, don’t use a 3mm key.

Maybe stick to red loctite and grubscrews but realize that red loctite is rather difficult to ever service.

1 Like

Better yet, get a pulley that will resist all rotational force by design, and then you only need the grubs to handle sideways movement.

1 Like

Yes, agree; a D-shaft pulley is much, much, much better for a D-shaft motor.

@b264 @BillGordon

i appreciate both efforts, and I appreciate your efforts… but lately, after esk8ing with @fessyfoo are we reakky doing service to DIY esk8?

shouldn’t we be encouraging more research instead of spoon-feeding the @mikEEE’s of esk8

I’m not making a political stand… but I like you have done… is point them in a direction… and encouraged them to do their due diligence…

what is DIY other than DIY and think for yourself…
the moe w moly-coddle… the more ??s and the less they learn…

the n00b thread should have no replies over X and then it gets splintered into a new thread… diluting a resource makes i less search-worth and more prone to n00b ?? that have been asked a kajillion times…

now I skate

1 Like

It’s the noob thread, brother. It’s very purpose is to help people just getting up to speed on this, that or the other.

If you lose patience in here, I have a very simple solution for that. :no_pedestrians:

6 Likes

By being a complete C*CK I have ordered an 8mm Shaft motor for my 10mm Wheel pulleys! anyone got any solutions to get round this? I was thinking a sleeve of some sort?

1 Like

The proper solution is the proper pulley. They’re cheap and not easy to modify properly.

5 Likes

I was thinking of using something like this

1 Like

Dude, this is DIY, so go for it. Just order proper pulleys in case your retrofit doesn’t work out.

3 Likes

Found them next day anyway. What a result!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2020_Summer

Eboosted enclosure on LY switchblade.

I ordered and received the enclosure bolted to the board. After removing the enclosure i cant get it to fit back together. What am i doing wrong?

You can see how far away this bolt is from the insert when the previous is screwed in

1 Like

Figured it out. And everything works perfectly! If someone was wondering lol…

Wrong orientation maybe? :smiley:

1 Like

Try turning it 180 degrees.

I have a question.

Why doesn’t this post have a “Like” button for me to click?

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Tried flipping it around lol. Same problem either way, and the way it is currently matches the form of the board a bit better.

I guess iwas just curious if anyone else had this problem with these enclosures. I feel like im going to have to redrill the the enclosure, or redrill inserts. Neither is preferred since I feel like going through eboosted is paying a premium price to have this done already, you know?

I would ask @eBoosted.

Clearly if it was attached when it arrived, then something is wrong.

1 Like

Not turned around? Can you share a picture of the direct opposite side?

1 Like

Heres the opposite side. Can see the holes just dont line up at all. Ill take the esc and motors off so i can swap the enclosure orientation 180 degrees and show thats its the same.

Really not sure wtf is going on lol. Obviously it came to me put together so these pieces do fit together somehow!

2 Likes