Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

@kcheng5
Pretty sure a buttplug fits snuggly in there :thinking:

But seriously, you could use pretty much anything you want as long as you don’t go for jbweld steel version (it has steel powder in it)
I’d be putting a sweet sticker on the outside and filling the inside of the hole with epoxy

2 Likes

That sounds like a good idea thanks!

Yes, there is.

Clean the hole well with alcohol. Put a tiny ring of epoxy around the hole on the inside edge, 1-2mm tall. Wait >8 hours. Put a tiny bit more epoxy on top of that ring, and stick a circle of fishpaper or paperboard to it. Wait >8 hours. Flip it over so the outside of the enclosure points to the sky. Fill the hole with epoxy level with the enclosure. Wait >8 hours. Put a ring of epoxy around the hole 1-2mm and dome the wet epoxy to a smooth dome. Wait >30 hours. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Another question. I see many people running sensorless because they fear sensors throwing faults and hence causing crashes. I really like the smooth startup and would like to keep it. How often do people experience problems with sensors and should I really consider switching?

1 Like

Do you live in Southern California? (or somewhere else where it rarely rains)

Do you use your board as a toy or a transportation tool?

Both pretty much. More so a toy

Then use sensors :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds great! Also thanks for the detailed answer for a fix on my enclosure :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s cause I said the summoning words :joy:

2 Likes

I would use that version. JB Weld Original Steel 8265-S

Yes, it has steel powder in it. Do not use it inside motors. Ever. However, it doesn’t seem to conduct electricity at all. Only magnetism. Use it all you want outside the motors :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had a weird instance where I repaired my wife’s car. There was a hole next to the left tail light. I ended up a week later getting a shock when I touched it. Static? Moisture? No idea why. I ended up dismantling the light fixture and wrapping every wire I could find (2 seemed like the plastic had been rubbing)
So I’ll stick to not taking any chances

It must have been static. I’ve tested it.

But either way, the layer of fishpaper on the inside makes it not matter too much :smirk:

1 Like

I havent touched my motors in a week since I started the build and all of a sudden it has this rattling noise at full throttle. Has anyone had this rattling noise before?

1 Like

Sounds like an unbalanced can to me

2 Likes

Life saver. It was really starting to wind me up haha

2 Likes

Do you pros recommend against VESC4.12 hardware like the MTVESC50A for a first build (single 6374)?

VESC 4.12 is completely fine as long as you use it at 10S, no more than 25A battery max, and in BLDC mode.

If you try 12S or a higher battery current or FOC mode, you might have problems.

I also recommend unsensored for other reasons, but this results in needing to kick-push once as it won’t start from a stop (but even at 0.1km/h it’s fine) in BLDC mode.

1 Like

Motor allen screw is stripped… How do I get it out, so I can get the motor out? @b264

Buy Wera Hex Plus wrenches to prevent this problem in the future.

Also this

And to get that out you could try this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VFM3Q5Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like