Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Did you also buy the NEO motors? I’ve been following that one a lot because I was interested in it at the time of the orders being placed but again, I came up short on the funds

1 Like

nope… only second-hand tested… ESC from a trusted friend that knew they’d be more happy making a zoom-zoom board than sitting on his shelf… we exchange a few shekels in the transfer…

i’m a special needs buyer

1 Like

the TBV6? I don’t think they are publicly available yet.
if u r talking about unity, then yes, that shit sells like hot cakes. sales thread that sells unity are usually closed already when i see them lol

1 Like

Is this good for glueing wooden inserts into my deck?
https://www.bauhaus.info/2-komponentenkleber/uhu-plus-endfest-2k-epoxidharzkleber/p/15358496

It says 2 component adhesive and that the mixing ration is 1:1
@b264

It looks like it would work, yes.

My German is a little rusty but it looks good,

Try it in a scrap piece of wood first though

1 Like

Alright, thanks!!!

Gracias mi amigo. How’s the Ebike doing?

1 Like

It’s a blast to ride. Haven’t been bored enough to rip it apart and do all the finishing touches yet, so it’s still at like 95% completion or thereabouts.

Due to my choice of cells (NCR18650PF) the voltage sag under the full 100A load I had planned is unacceptable for daily driving so I’ve limited it to 50A, but 3600W is still plenty of fun. At 100 it’ll do wheelies if I don’t lean forward enough when I punch it.

I may replace the pack with one made with better cells (VTC6 maybe, or possibly 40T?) in the future if I end up feeling the need for Moar Power, but for now it’s fine.

4 Likes

What’s the top speed on that thing? It looked like a beast last time you sent me photos :hushed:

~40MPH. Or as I like to say, “too fast.” XD

2 Likes

XD that’s dope!

@b264
@MysticalDork
@Venom121212
I want one that takes 1,5h to dry and is very hard by then, not the 5min drying one, right?

Are these inserts worth the extra 10€ over the ones my enclosure came with:

None of my issues have been due to Stormcore HW.

4 Likes

Yes, long cure times generally result in stronger epoxies, and also give them more time to wick into all the tiny spaces in the parts to be glued, for better adhesion.

Depends on the application. The inserts in the top picture are designed to be inserted into wood or similar. The bottom ones are designed to be used in plastic.

2 Likes

Putting them into my deck :sweat_smile:
I hope it will be fine with the plastic ones… 10€ for this seems a bit high ^^

Epoxy doesn’t dry, it cures. One-part glue dries. Two-part epoxy (two liquids you mix together) cures in a chemical reaction, not an evaporation.

You want the longest curing one you can find. Never “quick” or a “5 minute” epoxy, those are not good. Convenient, but not good.

2 Likes

What is the battery geometry? ?S?P

1 Like

is it safe to make a 100% petg angled riser?

1 Like

Petg or Petg+?

https://www.amazon.com.mx/MG-Chemicals-Printer-Filament-Spool/dp/B018MG4OIC/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&cv_ct_cx=petg&keywords=petg&pd_rd_i=B018MG4OM8&pd_rd_r=64e66297-0032-4d59-804a-cc755b9a497e&pd_rd_w=q1419&pd_rd_wg=lo0Ap&pf_rd_p=596981f5-a2a3-4e79-b98d-0038b4f290b0&pf_rd_r=JPV05V5GW0N8BQ9XMK7P&qid=1590633930&s=industrial&sr=1-3-dd5817a1-1ba7-46c2-8996-f96e7b0f409c&th=1