Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Thanks that’s definitely helpful, I was assuming that the lowest curve would be the least worst approximation but wasn’t sure if even the rough shape was right. The paper I linked shows a very linear OCV-SoC graph so I was a bit confused but after double checking it does fairly closely resemble a 30Q discharge curve if scaled properly.

I was worried that the resting OCV curve could be linear rather than sort of sigmoidal, or that after a resting period batteries tend to cluster around the same voltage regardless of SoC (for example always appearing to be at 4V and quickly dropping back to their “real” voltage when under a small load), or some other weirdness that made it more complicated than just accounting for current induced voltage sag. Good to see they’re at least in the ballpark of right, cheers. The links above are just to a generic sciencedirect home or downloads page though, not specific articles

1 Like

Arrgghhh…frakk’ me. WTH, I copied the link from the address bar. Try these…

This one seems to use some of the same data the paper you linked but has other stuff…

1 Like

Anybody ever seen anything like these before? Cant seem to dig up anything about anything even close to em?

7 Likes

Randal luge trucks I think.
Solid through axle and bearings in the hanger.
Edit:
yup, it’s a Randal Comp II

5 Likes

Didn’t @JaysTCB use these to make a single motor 2wd board at one point?

2 Likes

Yep, I think so
Or 2motor 4wd. Can’t recall

1 Like

Whsr should i search for to find info about that design? I got these by accident and naturally, that’s right where my mind went. I kinda guessed as they have a similar look and the same r as a pair of Randall’s I’ve got but my Google fu failed. Thanks for the help!

That seems like an awfully complicated way to make that happen.

It offered advantages to make it worthwhile. Namely: not needing specific wheel pulleys.

1 Like

I’m sure of that, but still, very complicated. :smiley: And very cool looking, too. Damn, now I want to try it.

Hi,

Do you know if it is possible to match this speedometer with my vesc?
*see the diagram

Thanks

1 Like

I am a fool please help :sob: diameter of Hoyt puck button holes I know one of you knows

1 Like

nope, not possible

doesnt poast have 3dprintable ones on his github?

Almost definitely I know it’s a dumb question I just found some thangs that might work as buttons lol
I’m just gonna buy em n try

Mine measures about .415 inch or 10.5mm

1 Like

7 Likes

Nice I thought about 10mm but I wasn’t home lol I bought em anyways buncha 11 or 12mm spheres for a dollar. They fit but now I gotta figure out how to cut em in half lol

There’s gotta be a size of bullet that matches the buttons perfectly

can you fix a broken sensor wire on a flipsky motor?