Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Absolutely not RIP art

1 Like

yes

1 Like

I could drill the proper hole pattern for you on my new (to me) CNC mill. Urethane cuts like rubber (AKA ugly), but once the bit hits the plastic core that cuts fine, you just end up with undersized holes in the urethane to get through.

For the uneducated… Max Continuous Amp Draw goes in the Battery Current Max or the Absolute Max Current? Or both providing your esc or motors don’t have a lower limit? I’m still learning this stuff and feel i’ve gone too conservative on everything as a result

You’d want to put it in battery current max, split across your ESC

Ex. on a Unity, you just put the batt max

On anything not single MCU, split the battery current in half. So for example

Makerx dv6, with a battery that can provide 100amps, you’d set each side of the esc to draw 50a battery max

2 Likes

never touch the absolute max current setting unless u need that feature, keep it as default (usually somewhere 150~200A). if u r not sure if its the default, type in 999, then vesctool with automatic lower it to the max that the firmware let u (given u r not using no limit firmware)

the max cont. camp is for battery current, u will need to half the value for vesctool setup, unless u r using unity with the focbox unity app

3 Likes

thanks guys, with your help i’m slowly evolving from the guy on the left to the guy on the right:

1 Like

Thank you - that is awesome, and incredibly generous of you to offer.

I think I might have found an acceptable approach with a drill and a jig that I can pull off myself. I’ll report back on how it goes.

Put the wheels in the freezer before you drill those. It’ll be much easier.

May also consider hollow hole punch bits. Harbor freight sells a cheap set. Makes drilling rubber a lot less messy.

4 Likes

That’s frakkin’ brilliant :clap:

1 Like

Set Absolute Maximum Current to the highest value it will allow in the box.

I can’t claim credit for that one :smiley:

1 Like

Can you use the stormcore with the metr app? Cause I don’t have an IPhone and couldn’t use the Stormcore app…

yes

Hey, I am getting a replacement motor for my Nazaré, do I have to run motor detection if I only changed from one motor to the exact same specced one?

1 Like

yes, the only time u don’t need to redo motor detection is, if u unplug the motor wires and plug back the exact same motor in with the exact same wire order

2 Likes

Now that floatwheel is gone, are there any other onewheel kits?

How do you mean gone? Like they aren’t making anymore?

Fungineers has a frame

1 Like

From what I understand they are focusing on GT40 Range Extend Modification Kit

Might be wrong, limited research. I’m sure others here know more. Ty for the suggestion.

I see, but what if I plug the new motor in with the exact same wire order?
They are color coded and I noted the sequence.