Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Couldn’t it be something just to do with how heat distributes itself in the packs? If you’ve got a bunch of cells and they’re operating at different temperatures that can affect their capacity even if they were identical to begin with right? With it only being 2 packs to sample from it could also just be random chance, but if you told me every pack from that company had that happen my assumption would be it has to do with how hot each cell in the pack is getting during use.

2 Likes

Thanks! My other thought is that it might be coming from the parasitic power draw of the voltage alarm in the balance plug somehow not drawing from the 4th pin, as I use the same alarm for either battery, and I don’t really take into account which one I plug it into. However, these are 310Wh batteries and I strongly doubt the alarm would be able to draw that much power even if left on for days at a time.

Batch is possible, as the serial numbers are within 5 from each other. However, I would have assumed they matched the cells as many brands do nowadays.

1 Like

seriously looked everywhere in VESC for PC, where can i change it to imperial settings? (Its not in the gear in the pic)

Imperial and Light mode? Ew

Wait you want pc, not mobile?

1 Like

That’s seriously the only thing I have in light mode I just find it super hard to see in dark mode for me maybe it’s cuz I’m old but I did it on my phone I just can’t get it to work on the PC I can’t find it anywhere

1 Like

google will convert things from normal measurements to imperial pretty easily

1 Like

Not really the fix I asking about, but thanks.

Hmm…interesting idea. But I’d be surprised that cell #4 in two 6S packs ended up being the cell that was the warmer one. The center cell in a 3S pack, that I can see being the hottest one with multiple packs all ending up with that cell at a higher voltage.

But I’d be really surprised that only cell #4 of two 6S packs did that. IMO if it was cells #3 and #4 that would make more sense as they are the center cells in the pack.

1 Like

Could be…but that would be really weird IMO.
Perhaps not use that alarm and just check things next time with a multimeter?

1 Like

Couldn’t find anything yet, sorry.

1 Like

No worries, I appreciate you checking for me :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I bought these from a member who did a small production run/order. It must have been a couple of years ago at the old forum, I don’t really remember the details.

Does anybody remember this packaging? They are still NOS, original packing. I could unwrap them but I was going to sell them.

Any help in identification would be awesome.

I know the pics don’t look like much, any suggestions?

1 Like

Maytech 6374 170KV?

Take the bubble wrap off, should be info on the can. Not going to hurt resale lol

3 Likes

They look the same as torqueboards motors.the boxes are the same and they have the coloured shrink on the phases

1 Like

Could be. Must be a very old batch then. Since TB switched to black packaging.

@Cobber Remove the wrapping, doesn’t hurt the re-sale value. Peeps want to know what they might be buying.

1 Like

If he takes off that bubble wrap I’m only gonna be able to gib em tree fiddy

I have a set of the old ones with only the two shaft grubs here in those exact boxes

1 Like

No not Torqueboards…
trying to remember the members name, he used to do trade some other maybe electronics stuff…

Sure they do, and hundreds of these were sold to other eskaters. Ascertaining their providence would provide the greatest amount of information.

Remove the packaging! Remove the packaging! Remove the packaging! Remove the packaging! Remove the packaging! Remove the packaging! Remove the packaging! Remove the packaging! Remove the packaging!

3 Likes

They are not from Torquboards.