Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

they look SICCCCC

Id trust them up to at least 30mph in an actual hurricane. Ive run over 2x4’s, anti-car lawn pyramids, boxes, and a wet towel on them without issue. Need to order up some kegel adapters and put em on the granda plata one of these days…

1 Like

I’m just salivating at the thought of bunging them on the BNM1 at 2.78:1 it would basically be the perfect wheel for that

1 Like

I actually have everything I’d need on hand to build that out xD
They’re pretty killer on tbdd’s, actually, if you’ve got enough battery for minimum efficiency. 12s3p p26a was only getting me about 12 miles :rofl:

MF why are all the best wheels unobtanium? this, bergs, the weird airless AT tires I have… even InfinityHubs kinda. all Unobtanium.

Ninja hubs vanished from apex’s shop at some point, too. I got some, with black Friday pricing that shit was one of the best deals Ive gotten yet. Paid I think 5 British pounds per hub.

2 Likes

the esk8 wheel shadow society must be hoarding all the good designed wheels and leaving only the mediocre ones. it’s a conspiracy mang. if a wheel gets too good ““they”” try to make it not exist

#unobtaniumhands
#mywheelsarepracticallycrypto

1 Like

NFT esk8 wheels get in now before it blows up

So i ended up drilling the bearing balls out and hammered the rest of the bearings out in pieces. I then sanded the bearing seats so i can get new bearings in. What a pain in the a$$!

I also had to drill out the holes for the kegel pulleys to fit.

I actually got them a couple years ago used. The previous owner pressed the bearings in. I got nothing to lose at this point so finally decided to get this over with! They ran great with TBDD, I’m going to try it out again with one of my boards soon.

with a jig? :eyes:

i think so. I spent a couple of hours sanding the bearing seats. Can’t wait to take these out again on a ride.

I went crazy and bought the crimper and jst headers. I’m 4 crimps through and getting the hang of it, which is also the point I start to say to myself, slow down and don’t f*ck it all up again

4 Likes

It’s a beautiful thing, especially when the voltage reader is showing me that all looks goods with the lipo cells

6 Likes

It’s fiddly but a great skill to have for esk8! Achievement unlocked :facepunch:

4 Likes

Does 150mm off-road tire exists for MBS hubs?

So I’ve been wondering if putting foam on the bottom of the enclosure is necessary since I’ll be putting Velcro on the bottom of the electronics to hold it, I will have foam around the main parts like the batteries just for extra padding, I’ll have a foam window sill around the top of the enclosure so it’s sealed off from any water and moisture

This is what I was planning to use for the bottom but I’m not sure if it’s flammable, don’t wanna find out at the same time

EVA foam isn’t considered flammable on the MSDS. I think a bit of padding would supplement the Velcro well (I haven’t found Velcro to stick well after taking it apart even once). Just not too much that it would insulate the electronics too much and cause it to overheat quickly.

2 Likes

Hey all,

I’ve got a dodgy sensor (not always picking up on motor detection). I am going to use a multimeter to do a continuity test on the extensions/adaptor cable but any tips on how to check the cable coming from the motor itself?
I’m going to take the plugs out of the connector and check those for any obvious breaks/damage.
Do I need to open up the motor as well? (Flipsky 6374)
Thanks

I’m having the same issue, I’ve been told to open the motor and clean the hall sensors PCB and look for breaks or shorts

1 Like