Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Thanks for the help guys. Stupid moment and panic over. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES FELLOW NOOBS!!!

2 Likes

My recommendation (if you don’t want to get a set of crimpers and do it yourself) would be to buy a pre-crimped-and-assembled connector, and just chop the old connector off (careful to only ever cut one wire at a time, and insulate as you go) and splice the new premade connector on there with a bit of solder and shrink tubing, again being careful to only ever have one wire exposed at any one time. It’s fiddly, but not actually difficult if you are careful and methodical.

2 Likes

Bro, I felt exactly the same way. I tried all kinds of shit. Then I discovered epoxying one connector through the enclosure. Bliss ensues

1 Like

I was this way but I forced myself to keep doing it, I even got a job doing it professionally and bought 3 new irons in the process but now I can actually do the tiny wires and ~24awg level shit. It only sucks to do if you suck at it.

2 Likes

Was the same way, had 0 experience and taught myself to figure it out. I did after a few weeks, techniques and countless hours of watching YouTube tutorials lmao, still learning but the basic things I got 100%

1 Like

I still get icicles sometimes and my beads aren’t as shiny as I’d like yet, but I’m using much less flux, I know more about the right materials and how to treat them and I can get reliable solder joints 90% of the time

1 Like

how to pair vx2?
i tried putting the remote in pairing and then turned on the board but it didnt pair
(possibly i have a dead remote)

Do i need a loopkey, if my anti spark switch works?

That’s how it is done

So possible issue with receiver

1 Like

Tried on 2 receivers
It is already paired to one but when I tried the board it kept just stopping and braking (think it’s a remote issue)

What the best way to get the bearings out of this? Metal core with built in spacers. It won’t budge at all.

2 Likes

usually I use a truck axle to bash them out, and if you’re removing bearings it’s probably to replace them anyway so don’t worry about destroying them.

btw is that a kegel mounting core?

1 Like

Yo those are my favorite wheels. Removing bearings suuuuucks. Do not use integrated spacers bearings(like zealous) on them at all. Honestly the easiest move is straight up breaking the bearings. Blow torch em. Alternatively, if you actually want to keep the bearings, flathead screwdriver as a chisel, right through the hole at an angle. it’s very hard to catch the edge with integrated spacers though.

1 Like

Yes, but slightly too tight, and metal, which make them a bit of a pain in the ass. 125mm airless tho with the widest, slightly rounded, contact patch I’ve ever seen, if you can ever get your hands on a set I cannot recommend them enough. They’ll kill your range though. -60% compared to hyperdrive 100mm’s.

2 Likes

Use lubricant like WD-40 around the outside edge of the bearings and let it sink in, then, a combination of prying with the truck axle and hammering the inside of the bearing (where the two bearing meet inside the wheel) with a screwdriver sould do the trick.

It is a real pain.

1 Like

I legit spent an hour trying to remove zealous from one of mine before I just said fuck it and popped the inner race out xD

1 Like

What are they? I thought they were bound motor flash wheels but that’s not right, where do I find this probable unobtainium?

Flash airless rubber 125mm. Might be 120 actually… been a while since I’ve seen any info on em. I got lucky, got a set from someone right across the state, basically new and only $100. Didn’t even need shipping, his dad lives in my town and brought em to me. Last I heard they were getting revived under jet board or something’s brand, but that seemed to vanish into the abyss.

1 Like

Their Facebook just links to this.

No purchase link that I can find anywhere Ffff

@tech.shit had to hunt down an old pic, they are THICCCCCC

2 Likes