Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I am using some 6368 motors on an Odrive and without the rings it just doesn’t connect to the computer

I’ve had some response issues with the ODrive, and using a USB isolator and the ferrite ring seemed to help. The power leads could be shorter, but I didn’t bother messing with those after it started working with the ring and isolator.

1 Like

We are planning on going from USB to CAN and hoping it stops cutting out

1 Like

Do you happen to know the mounting hole diameter and PCB thickness on the 3.6?

Hello guys,

My mates having a problem with his board and I was hoping the more experienced might know what’s up. Under acceleration it often cuts out for maybe half a second and starts accelerating again. Mainly under quite high load. He’s running FSESC 4.12’s still, about 80A per side motor current (above rated but they don’t seem to want to die). Does it sound like a maximum motor current issue or maybe something different?
Interetingly only happens in forwards, not reverse

Cheers.

Seems high current for a fsesc 4 to me.

But also could be bad phase wire connections.

When the cutouts happen, don’t turn off the board, go home plug it into the vesc tool and search the console for faults. Maybe it’s abs_overcurrent

1 Like

What is the safest and best way to clean a hub motor and make it run like new again?

It depends on what hub motor you have. Some can’t really be opened at all.

Other then that, unplug it from any kind of power source, unscrew the screws, pull off the sleeve (be careful of the strong magnets) and inspect. Take a brush and clean it off.

1 Like

Take it apart, epoxy it and maybe add a splash of statorade. You’ll need c-clip removers or a pointy pair of needlenose pliers.

Trying to take apart an enertion raptor 2 hub motor

You’ll need c-clip removers or a pointy pair of needlenose pliers.

Hub motors almost never have c-clips.

epoxy it

He wants to clean it.

1 Like

It has a big ass c clip actually

1 Like

anyone got the stl for the mod for the gt2b remote?
thanks

It is also ip65 waterproof

“gt2b mod stl” search term brings up many results in google

2 Likes

The one we are usually referring to is this kind

grafik

2 Likes

Ah ok i see

I love these motors to death. They are extremely powerful and have been very reliable in terms of everyday use. People trash on it so much but they are really nice but just heavy af

1 Like

Anyone have any tips on tuning matrix 2s?
I’ve got orange front, red rears. I’ve just been randomly tightening the grub screw and seeing how it rides, but it’s tough to really tell