Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I spend $70 usd every reup, but that finished 5 boards and 2 enclosures with a massive amount of waste, and I only use silvertip which is not the cheapest option at all.

If shipping wasn’t a bitch, I’d offer to patch it up for you, but I can talk you through it when you have the supplies on hand if you need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like $100CAD for 1 gallon each of the 2 parts in a few different brands.

Your top end price is like equivalent to our low end price

I buy it by the quart.

one gallon (3785ml) is a shitload of epoxy though

3 Likes

See, I had no idea.

I don’t even know what a gallon is, that’s like a square foot of liquid or something? Why not use ml

One gallon is what metric bot said. One quart is one quarter gallon.

1 Like

There’s a metric bot on this forum?

3875ml

946ml

2 Likes

Yes, it’s name is Brian.

2 Likes

Holy shit you’re right a gallon is like 4L that’s loads.

Yeah that will last you a year if you’re not doing resin arts and wasting a fuckton experimenting like I do. Amazon generally has quarts, but defaults you to the gallon size.

West System 650 is great for attaching things and light repairs, but it’s TERRIBLE for skinning or gripping. It’s also a light yellowish-orange.

Something like Silvertip or West System 105 + 206 would be a good all-purpose kind to have around. Those are the kind for skinning.

Is this stuff okay for all purposes?

For repairs/attachment, you don’t need it to cure clear. For aesthetic projects, you do. If you want it to ever be white no matter how much pigment you add, you definitely do.

1 Like

Bruh that’s a LOT

1L is basically 1qt

West System 650 is also really easy to mix a one-drop quantity. Or a 1ml quantity. Or whatever you want.

Whereas a West System 105 pump is going to get you like 30mL each mix, which can often be waaaaaay too much for a light repair or attachment.

The west system stuff doesn’t seem too available on Amazon, at least in my neck of the woods.

A litre will last you significantly longer than it will last me. You’d probably run out in 4 months, minimum.

1 Like