Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I’m thinking about purchasing another battery for my 3rd build, any suggestions. I’ve been hearing a lot about the Molicel P42A 21700 battery pack. I want range and amps.

2 Likes

those cells are good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just answered my own question on if my esk8 was waterproof… Well me plus the storm rolling through right now and the answer is so far yes as long as I seal things up with some duct tape:

I’m just guessing the sensors in the motor were protected too though I think TB does add epoxy to “battle harden” them

Would definitely be worth having “mud flaps” or some sort of thing to block the rain around the wheels have seen a couple designs but might dig more into that.

2 Likes

I coated the metal exposed parts of everything but for the mosfets tried to leave them mostly with the black package exposed to the air so it can dissipate heat efficiently just road in a thunderstorm and everything is okay but my electronics enclosure is pretty snug on the deck too (no rubber seal or anything but not any big gaps for a water droplet to easily get in either).

1 Like

What about directfet?
Just read a post on the forsaken place. Heat transfer obviously will be hindered by it so maybe i coat everything around it except the top plate

which esc is that

2 Likes

Jedbox

3 Likes

Not sure really I would guess coating the contacts is good enough to avoid a short there but might still be good to coat the whole thing with 1 layer at least just to avoid corrosion of the package/heatsink part.

2 Likes

Jedbox is by @jeffwuneo aka scam?

1 Like

Si Senior

2 Likes

Do you know if the 4.12 version had direct FETs too?

both have directfets, yes.

1 Like

Anyone have an idea what this noise it? Didn’t hear it yesterday and board is feeling a little sluggish now
2 Likes

Would take the belt off make sure your pulleys aren’t moving at all on the motor or the wheel spin each component (motor and wheel) separately.

1 Like

The motor pulley is tight motor is tight I have a feeling it’s the wheel / bearing

1 Like

if you listen closely do you know where it’s from?

1 Like

How tight is the belt?

1 Like

Swapped bearings and with just spinning with my hand can’t hear it anymore

2 Likes

Belt is snug with a little bit of give but on my mount setup I can’t loosen it any more

2 Likes

Umm…What do i use to remove mg chemical 419d acrylic conformal coating? To be precise: from the brush? Used it once and now it’s one big piece. Any houshold items?