Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Comfortable? Right now? I’d bet my ass they work for 42V 5A because I’ve used them for that.

But more? I don’t know… I wonder if they can do 20A? Don’t know where the line is…

2 Likes

Did anyone else look at the commutation in an oscilloscope when using FOC? I see block waves but there should be sine waves :((

2 Likes

hi…

I’m a complete n00b on 'lectrical shit, but where did you plug your leads in, on the phase wires or the sensors…???

1 Like

The phase wires!

1 Like

Do you have images of that?

It may be the current that is sinusoidial and not the voltage.

The FETs are extremely inefficient in analog mode, they must be used digitally. The pulses are timed to approximate sine waves but I haven’t looked at it on an oscilloscope. I have looked at the PWM servo signals though

I put the probes to these things.

Ohh now when I “zoom out” I see sine waves so I guess it makes sense then!
Thanks!

2 Likes

Do you have an image from the oscilloscope to share with us? :grin:

1 Like

Oh haha, will get one soon!

2 Likes

Just a note about the Makerx esc they don’t come with the bullet connectors and xt60 soldered on and they don’t supply the JST20 to JST15 adaptor for the motor hall/temp sensors. Just a heads up for all the Greenies.

1 Like

BLDC images (61)

1 Like

1 Like

how do people preserve their lipo batteries by charging only to 4.15 instead of full? Do they modify the capacity cutoff on the balance charger? So instead of 10000mAh I’d tell it to stop at 9880mAh?

Most hobbychargers are able to be set to a certain end voltage.

If you don’t have a hobby charger, most regular chargers have potentiometers to dial in the max voltage

2 Likes

Ah well the iMax b6 twins is special then. No such settings, and I don’t remember seeing a potentiometer during disassembly. Could the mAh cutoff be tested safely?

the Imax b6 has a limiter, although the minimum is 4.18v

Go to Batt memory - confirm place 1 - choose battery type and enter - from there press left or right until you get to TVC - YOUR OWN RISK
thats where you set the max charge. One options before you can set the maximum discharge voltage

1 Like

Is there any simple way to add spacers/risers to an enclosure to give more height?

I have a LY Switchblade with eboosted single stack enclosure. I’m not sure if there is something simple i can purchase or print to use this as a double stack instead.

Conformal coat mosfets too or nah?

1 Like

Apparently the twins version has different programming- I found no battery memory settings. And I have no idea about the mosfets but they do heat up like hell so I keep a couple ice packs on it while charging.

1 Like

yeah my b6 gets hot too, i put 2 small fans under it.

2 Likes

Yep I’ve already got everything for an MBS AT build figured out, but the two missing components were the ESC and motor mounts, since the Boardnamics mounts don’t seem to be coming back. I will be running 24Ah 12S LiPos, so it’ll likely need to be VESC6 based. For motor mounts, I’m probably going to get the Lacroix mounts, since they’re the second cheapest ones I can find including shipping.

Originally in the design I went with dual Flipsky 6.6s, but then Neoboxes were recommended and looked good, but then the whole Jed thing went down and now they’re not an option. Looking for something in that price vicinity.

1 Like