Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

No problem. It should be a piece of cake but i want to do it properly on the pc, not the phone.

I’m going to bed now, damon might see it in the meantime and might have an idea until i wake up. Else I’m going to work on it.

1 Like

Noob question: did Brian’s profile picture always have that black circle on the right side of it?

2 Likes

no. Only since the latest update.

(which does look highly out of place in dark mode and regular chats @b264 )

3 Likes

I didn’t think so. What’s he hiding? :thinking:

1 Like

nothing. He is adapting. The latest update brought highlighting effects to chat bubbles but they were cut off by the profile pic, so brian added it in for it to look better.

1 Like

Keen eye, you’re in a very small handful of folks noticing this.

What purpose do you think it serves?

3 Likes

Oh, you kids and your newfangled technologies.

1 Like

I figured it was your shoulder, and I am not even kidding.

3 Likes

like the 80s shoulder padding maybe

grafik

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s the same picture.

This dude gets it

1 Like

Just putting in my 2c here

This method works amazingly, I use this same-ish concept on my MTB too

1 Like

Let’s go ahead and voluntarily move this conversation into derail jail. It’s inappropriate for the NoobQuestion thread.
Please make any additional comments here: https://forum.esk8.news/t/derail-jail-2020-summer/28938/1441
@anyone_else
@xsynatic
@tech.shit
@Kai
@Battery_Mooch
@BillGordon
@b264

8 Likes

That is a good idea. All the comments above will follow once discourse decides to let me move them again. As of now i still get an error while trying to do so.

4 Likes

The reason for the 502 error is that the thread is too big. Hence the 2020 Summer tag. A new quarterly thread was the only solution we found, and wandagoner gets the credit for that.

2 Likes

It was! For months now it has worked without a hitch (guess the one update fixed it?). I moved a lot of comments, from and to battery builders, lounge etc.

Today discourse or AWS has a problem which other users have felt as well where just posting or editing has thrown out 502 errors.

2 Likes

I just saw it pop up a few times on my screen and I was like well hello there, been a while

2 Likes

For me it’s specifically posts with pictures and has resolved itself. Assuming actual forum editing is more complicated, code wise.

1 Like