Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

The issue is that the thread has to index itself and times out due to the size.

4 Likes

My stupid guy theory is that that update did fix it, but we’re close to the undefined new limit. As such, picture posts, being more data by far than words, are having issues. However, I wouldn’t think it would be site wide.

1 Like

i would do it if daddy Damon would give me a green light for it. Guess i’ll send him a pm.

1 Like

Just bully him into it and silence him if he says no.
Ba dum tissssss.

1 Like

grafik

11 Likes

BBignore

1 Like

need a 16mm switch that works with spintend
will any monetary with led work?
also anyone know its operating voltage

You still haven’t found one??

1 Like

found one but not sure if it will work

hey man where the hell did my charmander go?!
i thought i was in derail jail nevermind i think hes over there.
noob question time. whats a FET?

1 Like

the charmander got kicked out of this universe into the derail. It unfortunately had to be used with my experiment wether i finally move again or not.

2 Likes

Edit: it’s above the shit mess.

you cleaning up after us:
mop-mopping
me, already having forgotten charmander and summoned the squad: giphy

4 Likes

jamie, dropping in to meet tech:
FveE

3 Likes

I’m all up to answer but I can’t tell if this is just you joking around trying to blend in or you’re actually asking

Also did you know the ratio of male to female charmanders is 7:1

2 Likes

i know what it does, idk what it is lol.
it was mostly a joke. i did not. still a better ratio than weve got ayyyy.

1 Like

A FET is a Field-Effect Transistor. The most common type is a MOSFET, which stands for Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor. They are transistors which are controlled by an applied voltage (electric charge), as opposed to BJTs (Bipolar Junction Transistors), which are controlled by current flow.

6 Likes

smart guys, for the win. the dork is truly mystical.

3 Likes

5 Likes

In the spirit of charizard mating rituals I thought I’d try and come up with a super janky explanation but I kind of like it:

Imagine trying to get across a big swimming pool with a bunch of metal debris floating around in it, you’re at end A and you want to get to B. You can’t swim through it without getting mangled, and even though the metal isn’t helpful in its current state you could theoretically get it to form a bridge if you could get it ordered in a way that works for you. So if you had a crazy big magnet you could dangle over the pool, it would organise the metal stuff into a layer that could work like a bridge and you could get across.

Same rough idea with a fet, you have two terminals (equivalent to the two ends of the pool) attached to a big body that has a bunch of really dispersed charge carriers in it, and you place a voltage physically nearby to attract all the charge carriers (electrons in this case) together into something useful.

5 Likes