Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Hello! Anyone who can help me out (again). Trying to open up my flipsky motor, but cant get the can off. Is it needed to unscrew those axle grub screws on the backside or not?

shouldn’t need to. once u remove the c-clip, mount it back on a motor mount, clamp the motor mount somewhere real tight, then start pulling on the motor can

just be careful the magnetic force is actually quite strong

3 Likes

and washer / shim that come after the C-clip

2 Likes

Thanks both! Will put it back on the mount again maybe it will work :smiley:

ya those too, but they don’t really prevent the shaft from moving, only c-clip does, but better keep those tiny piece somewhere safe so u don’t lose them

3 Likes

true.

Not sure how likely it is for them to slide into the c-clip cutout and get stuck/pevent the can from being removed.

1 Like

very likely :rofl: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

My guess is 99% likely

2 Likes

Worked out great with putting it on the shaft! Weird enough motor looks great inside. I haven’t found out problem yet with putting on screws and (not always but most of the time) increasing resistance… Screws don’t touch the windings as well.

I was running my 60A ones today at what I thought was pretty heavy throttle so I thought I’d be close to thermal issuee. Cool to the touch, you could barely tell they’d been on. Maybe I wasn’t actually riding that hard though and I have no logger on that board, but I did (shortish) hill tests at full throttle with me at 105kg

A metr log of your ride will reveal a lot. The ESC is more like a valve than a pump. It limits the maximum current the motor can take, and the motor will only take as much as it needs. Cruising at 20mph I’m only pulling 20A on a single motor so if you are running a dual drive, that’s only 10A to maintain speed.

2 Likes

I swear I knew this before but not so sure any more, when configuring a Unity on mainline firmware (5.2 in my case), you do treat the battery current the same as any other 2 CAN connected right? So if I want 40A battery draw in total, each emulated side gets 20?

As long as you use the regular vesc tool is the same as any other CAN setup

3 Likes

Why was this thread closed? - 3d Models Wiki for Electric Skateboards
Can we reopen?

@wandagoner
@longhairedboy
@xsynatic

1 Like

I assume because it was intended as a Wiki only, not a place to “discuss” or have conversations in.

Hence the:

And

3 Likes

That would be great, except the wiki isn’t editable (by me) and @wandagoner has been gone for a year and half

Can closed threads still be edited?

Doesn’t seem like it. I also didn’t see a button. Try again now.

1 Like

I see you opened it, but there’s no edit button per usual on wiki threads.
Maybe closing/opening resets wiki status? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think it’s an age thing since it was locked for so long.

Discourse still shows me that it is a wiki. I can revoke the wiki setting but I don’t think it’ll be editable again, even after granting it back.

Not sure if @longhairedboy has other options, otherwise give me until i wake up (2am here) and I’ll convert it to a new thread, reviving it again.

2 Likes

Not the end of the world if we have a start a new one. Don’t go out of your way to salvage it.
But really appreciate the effort :slight_smile:

1 Like