Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Hi,

i cannot post my used board for sale, anyone knows if there is a limit for new user?

1 Like

Yes there is. Ping a mod to get it solved (its a spam protection)

(mmaner, billgordon, wandagoner are able to help you)

1 Like

Does anyone know what Hobby King delivery times are like to the UK from selecting Global shipping?

1 Like

For people familiar with Arduino and maybe even Heltec Lora 32 V2, i cant use my external display somehow… It just stays black…
Heres my code:
https://pastebin.com/ZZiq70g2

Heres the pinout diagram…

I thought i need Pin 18 for SCLK and Pin 23 for MOSI for hardware SPI, the rest should be pickable how one wants.

When you order one white Pixel from wish

What the hell is going on there

Dumb question, If you are using the esk8 calc, working out a DIY build do you duplicate the KV rating if you plan to use dual motors?

1 Like

@pekkas
No you don’t, since two motors don’t make you faster, but splits the work that has to be done between them and thus keeps your motors cooler :slight_smile:

Dual motors are used for:

• Not having to compensate the pull of the motor on the truck
  • Being able to get more power with a big battery, dual or two single VESC and thus getting better uphill perfomance and general torque.
  • The biggest advantage is, that your motors don’t suffer if you decide to climb up a hill, because they can easily split the work between them and are happy :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Where does everyone get the dope cosmetic bolt washers for wheel bolts etc ? I’ve found out about licence plate washers and picked up some but I can’t seem to find anything else :man_shrugging: I’ll try and get a picture of what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

Search fender washers.

3 Likes

Great, Understood on the speed. I am looking for traction on rough terrain. I thought it may effect the KV rating in the calculation though! Thanks for your advise.

1 Like

Exactly what I was looking for! You da man, man!

2 Likes

That has nothing to do with your speed or torque either :slight_smile:
The wheels size and softness are what you need to adjust for better grip. Keep in mind that grip is just more contact area / more friction resulting in less battery life.

2 Likes

@BillGordon
Master, do you know where to buy a looooot of speedrings in black? Like a pack of 50 or more? Can be on AliExpress whatsoever :slight_smile:
I was only able to find 20 Pcs for like 8€(?)

1 Like

here you go! there’s a ton of other options too

2 Likes

Please help.
The display shows a colored ant army moving to my basement…

A dual motor setup will give you more traction than a single motor. I get with grip you need a bigger surface area etc which I will achieve by using pnematic 200mm wheels.

1 Like

Question is what motor brand and will they ship to the UK tomorrow :rofl:

1 Like

Just like a jeep in the mud :slight_smile:
But only helps if you have contact to the road.
Hard PU wheels will be in the air and spin there freely, avoid this

Nexusboards UK is your friend.

3 Likes

Ive been eyeing up the Maytech 6374’s on their website, A little out of my price but I have heard good reviews on them.

1 Like

what would cause the wheel to not spin freely after tightening the axle bolt, is it the spacer between the bearings and what kind of damage will result in running wheel that way?

2 Likes