Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yea def don’t want many torques on ice. Break traction real easy

1 Like

I think they’re the same torque, just at different engine speeds. At least with petrol. Torque is torque- in this case I think low and high end refer to the revs.

So, what should I do to handle this ice and slush?

TBF it’s raining hard this week so the ice and snow is mostly turning to a slush+dirt soup

Run low torque setup with your pulleys. Pulse the brake like abs and don’t gun the throttle

1 Like

I’m using gear drive, not pulleys.

The way I ride I never max the throttle unless I’m on a straight road going for top speed.

Are you saying I need more speed and less torque for slippery conditions?

And take turns like you have no axle nuts

What’s abs?

No speed either Basically you want to limit any kind of sudden movement. Assuming riding fast may* force you to have to react fast.

What?

Anti lock braking system in a car… modulates the brakes and will pause them when you slam them hard so they don’t lock up and put you in a skid

I like the skid, if I could lock up my brakes like a car I totally would but the only way I can seem to bodge that is by using reverse to power the motors against the road, leading to a skid.

Skid fun.

OK, well wait till summer for that.
Sounds like you’d be a fan of drift car racing. I’ve been wanting to build an electric drift trike, about to bite the bullet on a new welder…

No

Really not a fan of dinosaur juice polluting boomer-mobiles

I’m so intrigued by the low batt Amp thing. Unfortunately we got like 4in of snow overnight and my enclosure leaks like a sieve. Eboosted diddy on the way though…

You’re gonna love the eBoosted enclosures, they’re built like a tank and the gaskets do a lot more than I expected them to.

1 Like

It’s more motor amps.

But if you want to turn your motor amps up really high like into the one hundreds, then you need to lower battery max or you might start cooking ESCs or motors.

The VESC power delivery curve is already heavily weighted to the top end, so if you crank the shit out of the bottom end in the settings, then you can get closer to a flat response with lots of torque all around at many speeds.

Also, battery max above 0.95 · motor max does absolutely nothing at all.

1 Like

So what should I aim for if I want both range and torque? and idgaf about speed as long as I can hit at least 40kph.

If you want top speeds then you want to keep a high battery max and tame down the motor max to probably 75A and battery max at 75A also

2 Likes

If you want range and torque then turn down battery max to 30A and turn up motor max to 110A

You need to choose one or the other. You don’t get top speed, torque, and range all maxed out.

2 Likes

Have you ever driven a really powerful boomer juice dino mobile? The throttle operates kinda different. Sometimes the whole vehicle will twist just from being revved. Hearing the intake gulp as much air as it can suck down. I’m all for greener vehicles but fuuuuuc is stomping on the accelerator in a carbureted v8 fun as hell… or spooling up a turbo with double digit pounds of boost.

1 Like