Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I know I can’t have all 3 but I was hoping to focus on the torque and range, as I’m not a speed demon but I do like long rides in hilly areas.

I prefer torque and range myself

Which means a super tame battery max and a crazy high motor max.

2 Likes

MF if I wanted to kill the planet with noxious fumes I’d just build a shitty battery pack with soldered terminals instead of spot welds.

1 Like

New noob question:
Can I zip tie phase wires? Or will that cause crosstalk?

just one of these container ships, the length of around six football pitches, can produce the same amount of pollution as 50 million cars

How’d those cells get to you? The recycling is personal responsibility thing is all propaganda by the real polluters.

Edit. I duck at quotes I guess but that’s a real thing *

Not under my control so idgaf. I only worry about things I have control over like what I choose to use as transportation.

Also the pollution for creation will always pale in comparison to the pollution of daily use.

I’m not even a car guy but damn. Can I keep a Dino boomer juicer as a novelty?

One person can only do so much. Real change has gotta come from the corporate overlords.

which is exactly why I’m not letting it bother me that battery production is so polluting, I trust that science is pursuing more sustainable battery technology that I will be excited to use once it reaches the consumer market.

Wait. Have you ever driven? You ever pop the clutch and smoke a Lil tire? Shift gears manually?

Yes. No.

2 Likes

No. You can still go to Top Fuel Dragster events though

False.

Also false, real change starts from the bottom and goes upward.

Yea everything I say sounds dumb as soon as I say it.

But top fuel?? Come on, now. That’s such a disconnected, sterile seeming form of racing. I’d rather watch lawnmower racing, honestly.

2 Likes

It sucks unless you’re physically present. On TV it’s ass. You can’t feel the pressure waves and radiation from the television.

There’s something about the chest-smashing sunburn-inducing ridiculousness that is entertaining.

Though I haven’t been to one in a very long time.

Blockquote

You don’t think we could have less single use plastic containers or use more recycled goods? If it affects the bottom-line, you’re in for a fight.

Luckily it seems the trend is heading toward greater social/ecological consciousness in a lot of businesses/corporations

I’ve only ever been to SCCA race at Nelson ledges as far as car racing goes. Fun atmosphere, everything running from neons to vettes and all in between. Man did that rotary Mazda sound wicked coming out from behind the trees on the back straight.

I’m setting up my modes, idk if I got this right but here’s what I have so far.

What app?

I only have one mode - self destruct

Metr, the best one you can use.

I had to desolder the pins from a metr.unity and weird in my own JST plug but it’s nice to not have to buy a new metr for this board, and I’ll never buy a focbox again, or anything like it.

1 Like

Why has the torque mode less amps than speed?

Speed “doesn’t need” amps. Torque does.

What would you suggest?

Should I have high motor amps (100+) somewhere? I think my problem is I’m being too conservative. And also idk 100% how the relationship works.

Could you please clarify this?