Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

tbh i got no clue

i have dual escs with one port and set the controller to “this vesc” always when i set up input

but i know there’s something something want receiver to be set yup on “master” cause something something someoneelse take over i forgot the resons

3 Likes

How big of a difference does a CF vs flexy deck make with pneumatics?

A CF flexy deck vs a CF non flexy?

Or do you mean a stiff wood deck vs a CF flexy deck?

Or a flexy wood deck vs. a CF flexy deck?

i’m assuming stiff carbon vs flexy wood deck?

Well, I didn’t know they made flexy CF decks, so I meant stiff CF vs flexy wood.

1 Like

well, one is flexy, the other isn’t

Well, yes. But I’m asking how big of a difference it is. Worth picking a different board over, or not that big?

they’re meant for different types of riding. most flexy wood decks are like the Loaded decks (bamboo) and designed for urethane setups on urban street environments, where they excel at carving and vibration absorption.

personally I’m not a fan of CF decks I don’t believe CF has any place on the deck. it interferes with RF and it doesn’t take up vibrations well at all.

solid wood decks are great for a multitude of reasons chief of which is durability

121cboards: ???

Isn’t this like, really bad for your esc? I’d love to run 150 motor amps on my heatsinked controllers.

what kind of riding you looking for?

1 Like

Unity super single, one Unity per motor

1 Like

So got a question about my ESC. I have a spintend that was running super hot, like hot to the touch. I had 6374s with 14t and 72t with 8" tires. The ESC ran a little warm. I swapped the 6374s for 6384s and 15t. The settings are the same with 40 battery amps and 70 motor amps. Any ideas?

Which motors?

1 Like

Flipsky battle hardened 190kv

Ain’t nobody got space for dual unities

1 Like

I’m surprised that the ubox would even get warm. Those are fairly conservative settings.

2 Likes

I do ride pretty hard, not speed but some pretty rough terrain. I also had a 14t pulley, would that make that big of a difference? At least my motors don’t get too warm anymore :joy:

After seeing more 4wd builds, this makes me wonder what 4wd with 4 unity super singles would be like…

1 Like