Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I remembered you told me about not to exceed the 50A mark. Was a complete freshie on that one. So motor max I should have it at 30 and battery max at 20

30A motor max is not nearly high enough, at least 60A probably 75A

20A battery max is fine. You can push to 25A but it will likely overheat and start throttling you once it gets too hot and then it takes a long time to cool back down to normal.

2 Likes

I have the motor max set at 60. That won’t affect the battery or vescs performance,(can correct me on that) the max regen brake is -30

Whatever you feel like you need.

A Metr pro is probably more than enough for you.

All metr devices use the same app, so you don’t lose any base features depending on device choice.

Metr pro CAN and Metr LTE offer more “hardware based” features (which can still be added down the line if you own just a metr pro)

Davega is a screen for realtime data that you mount on your board.

iLogger and the the robogotchi work similar to the metr, all fantastic devices with each their own awesome features.

3 Likes

oof, idk, good luck there.

I know the VESCtool app is only for Android, but I hear there’s some 3rd party alternatives on the apple app store.

1 Like

Yea, 20 or 25 is good. I need to rely on this vesc to last till I’m able to upgrade the build for the v.2, duel motor, better vesc and hopefully obtained more knowledge

I does.

1 Like

For a 4.12 unit, 50A battery current is way too high

motor max 60 to 75A
motor min -60 to -75A
battery max 20 to 25A
battery min -10 to -20A (brake regen)

Also turn down fault timeout on the advanced tab to 85 milliseconds

4 Likes

I hope you’ve got a 10S battery or are running in BLDC mode

3 Likes

Think in all it just depends what’s the best deal for the price, having a screen on the board would be pretty bad ass tho. So many choices

good thing his battery is 10s

1 Like

Two 5s lipos in series

1 Like

a screen on the board is cool, but IMO you won’t want to be looking down at it while going fast, and at that point other telemetry like a metr is far more useful, as it lets you interact with the system on a deeper level

this coming from a guy who thinks the Davega is cool AF

2 Likes

60$ isn’t bad for a metr pro

1 Like

I feel you, would be cool if you can just attach the screen to your wrist or something (don’t know how big it is) but, sadly reality comes in and sometimes things don’t work out that way, also which one should I choose?

ACTUALLY…

metr supports smart watches (WearOS and the apple one), and you can get a wrist-mount for your phone (my preferred method) and use the “keep screen on” feature

1 Like

:frowning_face_with_open_mouth: alright yep. Metr should hire you as an advertiser, definitely just got a sale here :joy:

1 Like

I don’t even wanna get paid to advertise it, the thing is just wonderful. @rpasichnyk is a magician and a scholar.

2 Likes

Luckily all I got to do is add cf on my diy deck, drill the holes for the enclosure and bam. It’s done. Was satisfied a few days ago when my motor spun for the first time

1 Like

Better not, cf block rf signal

2 Likes