Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

good call on those actually, the lower the value, less heat it generates, more time until u hit thermal limit

1 Like

Do you have any kind of telemetry device?

Davega, ilogger, metr, robogotchi etc?

1 Like

Huh?

don’t do that, slap it on more thermal mass should help with heat

1 Like

That was where I was originally going to go at. I wasn’t sure where to put those, now I do, for now it’s a vesc to get going, I’m definitely upgrading to a duel and better vesc when I get the money. For now it’ll work on the right settings to best optimize performance and time it’ll last

1 Like

Devices that plug into your vesc to show reatime data on allow programming on the go.

Judging by your answer, it is a no :slight_smile:

2 Likes

he’s asking about additional hardware designed to track data from the VESC, clearly you don’t have one.

they’re incredibly useful for seeing where and when your setup runs into issues, and finding out the true limitations of your hardware.

1 Like

Think what comes close to seeing my battery data is a BMS :sweat_smile:

1 Like

BMS for battery data, VESC telemetry for real-world use data.

1 Like

That’s what a Bluetooth module is for right, I was looking at one the other day but wasn’t sure if mine is compatible with it

if you have a UART port you can use a BT module, a robogotchi, a metr or a Davega

if not you can also use a metr.CAN over the 4-pin CANBUS connection (assuming that’s not already in use)

1 Like

As long as your vesc a UART or CAN port has(which it does), then it’ll be compatible IF it’s not an age old and outdated bluetooth device.

What remote will you be using?

2 Likes

I don’t think It is. I just got my hall sensor, think that has 6 ( could be wrong) and my Vx1 remote receiver

Vx1

are you using your VX1 over UART or PPM?

PPM

that should leave you with a free UART port if you want to add a telemetry module.

I can’t recommend the metr enough. it’s just the best. metr all day.

My new problem is cost. If it’s expensive I might need to find a cheaper alternative

BT modules are also UART and about half the cost or less, though they don’t have as nice of an app as metr

1 Like

Then you could get a device. It just makes life easier. You can monitor your battery level, temperature, how many amps you draw and much more. This helps to determine if the amps your are pulling are too much for the hardware for example. Plus you could program and change settings on the go.

But first we need you to get set up first.

2 Likes