Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

what?

1 Like

it’s 1P so cell amps is pack amps, cell mAh is pack mAh, cell charge rate is pack charge rate, so on and so forth

So let’s say for example I do 30A for motor max. Would the battery values change with that since now it wont really be distributed (I’ll test the -30 on the brake when the time comes, might be a little to hard, we’ll see once the decks done)

with 30A motor max, a max battery amps of 40A should be more than enough to saturate those limits.

so explain why did he thinks the battery current max and regen is 42 (that specific number)

2 Likes

it’s the meaning of life?

the max battery current can only ever be the same or lower than motor current, not over, per side

1 Like

I was thinking the individual cell (4.2v fully charged)

oh I’m not thinking of per side, I’m thinking total VESC battery max

is this per side or in total?

Vesc is per side

In his case total, since he only has 1 side.

2 Likes

yea, that’s a different thing for now. let’s get ur motor and battery current right first, so u don’t blow urself up

3 Likes

ahh yeah, unless it’s a unity or a derivative of that

vesc tool is always per side

still no, using vesc tool on unity / stormcore is still per side setting

2 Likes

Yep that was my main concern, I spent a lot of time putting it all together. Don’t want it to be a fiery explosion the moment I take it outside

1 Like

volts is not current. your voltage should be 42V yes, with low voltage cutoffs at the level you already have them at.

we’re worried about the current you intend to pull and how your hardware can handle it.

how much cooling u have for that esc? flipsky 4.12 runs toasty af, i doubt it can hold 40a for long

2 Likes

I know from when I first came, for my exact vesc I was recommended to stay at 25a or 30. I thought 50 was good (when I started) but not everything seems truthful

fixed it for you

I only got the heat sink that came with it. I was thinking about ventilation but that would expose it to moisture and the elements. Might go down to 25 or 30 even just for safe measures. Don’t trust it at 40 now thinking about it

1 Like

Appreciate it. Wasn’t thinking when I typed the sentence out :sweat_smile:

1 Like