Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Only asking because I swapped the charge plug on my enclosure from male to female, as the female plug keeps the sockets isolated but the Male plug is just 2 pins out in the open ready to touch tips with a ferrous rock or something.

my guess is since rhe charge plug port is connected to the bms, it acts as a barrier between the port and the battery, and the wires are usually pretty thin and self fuse

and having the male plug on the charge port, when plugged into a wall isn’t as bueno?

and maybe cause when you plug in the board, the charger is a higher voltage somerthing energy potential?

idk i don’t use a brick charger :rofl:

You don’t use a BMS, don’t use a brick charger… Are you just running a 110V battery straight off wall power and no balance?

balance charger :crazy_face:

OH crazy. I saw a video about a scooter once where a guy was using a VGA plug for his.

1 Like

i got a pic hold on

3 Likes

lies, those are not the toast power i was looking for

gomme a half hour or so :kissing_heart:

1 Like

over an hour later

i have 6 packs also on the way, delays cause mail :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

i hope this is more toasty (this is 1300Wh right here on the desk, with 559 in da mail)

3 Likes

one without shrinkwrap, what r u, some kind of monster? :scream:

2 Likes

Poast might actually be Monokuma.

Oh fuck he’s practicing enchantment.

1 Like

oh
that one iirc has a bad cell, so i used it as a “design” donor

wait no

it’s completely fine :crazy_face:
i think

we’ll find out one way or another

Me and my girl got a bet going is koala kiss lube or hand sanitizer?

1 Like

neither :flushed:

Now we both lose money. Fuck. XD

1 Like

This is what @BenjaminF s nightmares are made of

2 Likes

took a vacation, and now its fine

1 Like

imma do a ride with all these packs together and see what goes bad lol

If you mean running two motors off one single ESC (not a dual), then no, absolutely not. Brushless motors aren’t like regular brushed DC or universal motors, they can not be run in series or parallel with each other. One ESC (or channel), one motor. No more.

It shouldn’t get anywhere near that hot under normal use. All loctite brand threadlockers are good to at least 150C.

Yes, to some degree. Resistance of the windings increases with temperature, which increases resistive heating and thus power loss. The effect is generally pretty small through.

The big thing you might have to worry about more is the magnets: The neodymium magnets that our motors use can start to lose their strength permanently at temperatures as low as 80C. Going too far past that point (past maybe 100C on the can) you can end up with motors that just won’t spin at all anymore, because the magnets have all been cooked.

1 Like