Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

well, except for those cases when you use 2 ESCs for one motor

Oddly specific question; does anyone know of any decent mbs style foot straps that come in white?

That’s a relief. I wouldn’t want the motor mount screws popping out mid ride or giving that foul stench of glue. I was just setting up my vesc and motor settings yesterday, motor wasn’t hot, was cool to the touch still. The question just popped in my head, do you ever leave the amps the software sets for the motor or you push it down a bit so it doesn’t put any more work on the vesc. The settings they put me at was 78.51amps but I brought it down to 60, no where near to the point of riding it yet all tho I was anxious to. Still need to finish the deck with cf

uh what, single MCU esc that uses super single fw to drive a single motor using 6 phase wires is still technically 1 esc

2 Likes

so the MCU is the ESC? I thought the ESC included the whole meal deal?

esc is the whole deal, but only single mcu esc can make use of super single fw

1 Like

tramps is pretty much the inly alt :confused:

I used a backpack strap and some L bracket’s for my first bindings and I’ll fuckin do it again than.

2 Likes

i could probably use my old snowboard bindings! that would be cool if mbs made them sora compatible

and if there were a way to make some bomb ass stepon bindings, hells ya (rip if you fall tho, you goin down with the ship)

1 Like

I snowboarded for like 5 minutes 15 or so years ago, dude teaching me said I was a natural and threw me straight from bunny to black diamond. As a result I’ve wanted mag lock bindings since I found out about esk8.

fidlock? their hook 40 belt has a static breaking load of 150kg, should be plenty strong

Idk I didn’t snowboard as much as I wanted to I just know there were magnet boots involved. Lmao

The boots and the board had 2 strong magnets per foot, as well as a little ratchet strap where mbs foot straps go. No heel straps.

1 Like

gimme,30 or so and il show you what i got :wink:

they’re magical

oh no no, fidlock isn’t a binding at all, just a buckle type thingy which is strong af and clip on easy af

1 Like

fidlok ftw

i want MOAR

1 Like

A Google tells me I’m talking about Burtons magnatech, or likely a precursor to those. Bon Hiver has similar offerings, too.

398bh3

1 Like

I’ll hyukkin guhha-ooh it again.

1 Like

ok, remind me later; tired from travel :joy:

Something about black butyl tape

2 Likes