Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

if u r putting it up for sale, be sure to mentioned if there is ble inside, trampa secretly removed the ble without telling anyone, except removing a line in description text at the bottom of the original hd60 page.

so not all hd60 is the same, im sure the one with ble inside is worth more

1 Like

wtf lol. yeah mine has bluetooth. actually both do, but ofc the second one has a nuked drv
sneaky sneaky twampa

2 Likes

Which DRV? Is it DRV8301 or DRV8302 or another?

Pretty sure they’re not compatible!

I feel like my braking power is really being limited by the regen current that my battery can accept. I’ve got a 12s7p 30Q pack that I’m currently maxing at 40A (~6A per cell) regen.

The situation where I could really do with considerably more is when I’m racing. As you expect, I go from hard accel to hard braking. Braking duration in every instance isn’t very long but it is frequent.

Am I being over-cautious with the settings? If not, what other things can I look at to improve braking performance?

1 Like

They’re just 30qs. Burn em up :imp:

Seriously tho, i don’t believe you’ll be at much risk except for shortening the lifespan of the cells. I’d bump it up if you need to.

1 Like

So ‘safe’ to crank it up to the limit of my ability not to streetface?

I would rather kill the cell than have less brakes

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, there’s brakes enough to prevent death or injury. I just want more. The less wrecked my pack becomes in the process, the better.

Are those ‘rheostatic brake’ packs something worth looking at?

1 Like

Personally i’d just bump it up bit by bit til you find what you need.

I think its extremely unlikely you’ll start a fire.

3 Likes

in that case, just decrease the regen by maybe 5a each time, until u feel like u don’t have enough brake, then go back up a bit to test, u should be able to settle around that value. living is better than a dead battery pack, please be careful when u do the test

still too early to say how well it will perform on an esk8, and what will happen when it fails

1 Like

not sure if u found a solution yet, but i found another website that works:

2 Likes

So I just found out my axles are too long.

2 questions:

I have zealous bearings with integrated spacers, can I face the spacers outwards to use up more axle length or is that not recommended?

Can I just use normal washers or do I need ‘‘special’’ speed washers and spacers?

depending on how far u need to space it out, usually a normal spacer (+some washers) would do the trick

1 Like

I need a lot of space. Probably will order some spacers from local skate shop

Question about discourse rather than skating: what do you folks use for uploading videos? It won’t let me post above 50MB so do people just compress stuff a lot, upload to drive, or only post really short clips?

1 Like

Unlisted youtube vids usually

3 Likes

Yeah good shout, I’ll try that

2 Likes

Whats shakin family. I’m in the process of extending phase wires on a Unity for my current build. I am also taking off the 4mm bullets in favour of an mr60. As I have to remove the bullets anyway, I’m wondering if I shouldn’t just desolder to whole wire from the esc and run one, uninterrupted 12awg terminated in the mr60. Less resistance certainly then extending the wire.

The question then is how difficult is it to resolder onto the esc trace? I’m a competent solderer but I’d trade a little resistance if the degree of difficulty is high and/or has a decent probability of damage to the controller. TIA.

1 Like

Easier than splicing a wire imo

6 Likes