Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

been on that link long ago
completely useless in my case

soooooo?

the layout of settings is completely different
also the screen pinning feature doesnt exist as a setting

he was using android 10, im on android 11
that may be were the difference lies

enable developer setting and see if its hidden there?

3 Likes

No​

You don’t “need” two receivers, but that is one way to do it.
you can also use a single receiver with a split PPM cable, or you can use UART or PPM from the receiver to one esc, then CANbus from one esc to the other.

1 Like

Drill bit, sacrifice the possible damage to motor pinions.

Wiper puller to get the pinions off the shaft (haha).

If u want to use them again, green loctite to hold em on.

what would you recommend?

Any recommendations of trusted carbon fiber companies that email back? I’ve been emailing a bunch for a custom order of unidirectional carbon fiber. Also looking based on price and how long It’ll take to ship. Anxious to get this build done since all that’s left is the deck

Bro, why does it have to be custom? If it’s one deck it won’t be custom - it’ll just be off a roll that they have in stock. If it’s just to stiffen up your deck, UD is strongest but could be anything else also. Lots of options that probably also suitable.

Why not just find a local shop and buy something from what they have available?
Cost may be higher than AliExpress but you pay for time. Going to be hard to find something fast cheap and good (that’s the golden triangle)

Or. Take some time and order from AliExpress and do it in 4-5 weeks….

2 Likes

Have you ever used this? Very powerful BMS
https://www.orionbms.com/features/basic-features
I’m stuck in the dilemma of choice: choose 1 from 2
orionbms & ENNOID-BMS 15s

Don’t have any shops near me. Also I need it custom so I can add 2 layers, so it’s best if I have custom to size to where it’s suitable to cut the two layers out and they fit over the board, no problems.

Bruh. Just order some narrower stuff twice as long. Most companies aren’t going to give a one-off “custom” order a second glance. It’s not worth their time.

3 Likes

If they were going to do that, then it might mean their prices could be too high in the first place

If you don’t already have a second rx, then I would say either PPM/CANbus, or UART/CANbus. Then it’s a matter of whether your rx supports UART or PPM.

1 Like

is there such thing as a 14T D shaft pulley?

Idk about D shaft, but 14T is really small for our purposes, when I had a 14T without idler, it was pretty easy to skip the belt

1 Like

Where can I get adjustable baseplates for Surf Rodz RKP?

Shipping motors from the U.K to the Nertherlands - DPD is asking me for an item code:

Any ideas which code i’d need to use to mitigate grief upon arrival at the other end?

While I am in no way qualified to answer this question nor have I done much research, would it be possible to classify it as a toy part? Those usually don’t have as bad rates since they’re mostly noncommercial, and an argument can be made that an electric skateboard is a toy.

1 Like