Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Veneers i used were rock hard Canadian Maple. Problem with that is. I’m basically going at it blind, not knowing how stiff it can be at lets say 9 layers, by the time the stiffness is likeable, being satisficed with the electronics not being ruined, it’ll just be too thick. Originally i was going to go that route with adding veneers. But I wanted to stick with the slickness of the board, the two layers of carbon making it way stronger

I have patience yea, Each day I would drown in my own sorrows looking at the finished electronics, motor mount and think to myself “why didn’t i add more layers, wouldn’t be having this issue and can be outside enjoying it” :joy:

Why not just do it now.
There’s no rules mate, it’s just a skateboard. It’s not gonna be too thick. What does that even mean. My hummies are pretty thick :joy:

That’s the good shit about Making your own stuff. If u fuck it up you can make more.

Why not add veneers to this deck and then make another composite one with veneer and Cf together.

1 Like

If u want some diy inspiration, Google melonenkacke and look at her YouTube build videos. Cool custom LDP and longboard decks with veneer and composites.

1 Like

That’s true, who knows might add one layer on top. But man, last night sent me in a looking up carboned boards, they look so good and that’s what sold me of putting carbon on this one. It’ll keep the thin design but a strength of a rhino. Can credit you as inspiration cuz your deck looks sick

Also found this, I would have to send in a enquiry, would just see if they can do the 300mm and how long it would take to ship/ price

UD is super easy to cut down in width so don’t worry if u can’t get it narrower.

What would you recommend me to put for sizing? 300mm or go lower, cuz i would have to put two layers on

Width should match or be wider than the deck…

Unless you just want like a central stringer which could also look cool

That wouldn’t be enough for two layers if its the same size, or i order 2 of the same size and just add it on

I bought a 20m long roll at 300mm wide :joy:
Just buy what u want

1 Like

Might just do the 300mm, so i wont have to worry. I got no idea what this means also lmao

Looks like different strength grades. I’d get the cheaper one. Still fucken strong. They look like 600mm wide tho which is good if your deck is <300mm wide

The width of my deck is about 10 3/8, in feet

How many Big Macs is that?

1 Like

:joy: i think 300mm will be plenty for two

10 3/8 is 263mm.
300mm is not going to be enough for two :joy:

Gonna have to go 400mm then :sweat_smile:

263 x 2 = 526
Edit - holy fuck dude :joy:

3 Likes

That is gonna be one wide ass carbon fiber :joy: :joy:

mm
Learn the metric system, it might make your life easier

1 Like

Your right, well i sent the company an email. Hopefully the pricing isn’t bad and the shipping is better, after this. The build will be completed