Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Epoxy various pieces of trash from your trash can until you know how to work with it.

Tips: mix very well, then mix some more. Mix using a toothpick on the bottom of an empty soda can or cat food can.

With quite a bit of headroom. I’m pushing 50A per motor through meepo hubs and 25A per side through a 10s2p p42a pack for example. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s just as a safety thing for a new rider. Another option is to just go to a lower speed mode on the remote but I don’t trust my remotes. I’ve seen a Hoyt puck disconnect before.

1 Like

Oh for sure. Just stating that he has more power available once he’s ready for it.

Which only changes acceleration i believe?

Yeah, so he’ll have strong brakes in case anything. Idk, 50 motor amps is nothing for me lol. 100 is feeling a bit slow for me.

1 Like

Damn.

Running gears?

Just gotta remember to set a high enough regen amp value. I currently have 14 battery amps regen and these are definitely not enough to quickly stop me. Don’t really want to push more into a 2p pack though.

Just switched from belts to gears. I never snapped a belt doing 1k miles on 100 motor amps per side🤔 one of my belts was starting to wear out and a small tear formed, but never a full snap.

4 Likes

I need some help setting this thing up on vesc tool. Im running tbdd 90kv, i ran default settings and have basically no power, max out at like >10mph. Ive been messing with some settings on the android app, but cant figure it out. Please assist.

Are your battery cutoff settings configured correctly? Is it possible you are running 12s with the default 10s settings?

Im pretty sure im on 12s, when running motor config i set the “batteries in series” setting to 12. The pc app looks significantly better but im stuck on android cuz i have a stupid chromebook lol.

Okay well that’s one thing off the list

Yeah mobile is difficult… It’s even annoying to post your settings on here haha

Trying the no hw limit firmware, seeing if that makes a difference, as none of the other settings i changed seemed to make much difference.

What ESC?

Xenith**

1 Like

Hmm… what remote?

Puck. Seems like it should be working just fine and yet… basically no power.

Have you tried pressing the mode button? When you configure the PPM settings of the puck on the controller, the remote must be in mode 3, otherwise it doesn’t work properly

1 Like

According to the rt data screen im only outputting 1 amp @.@

So now i have significant power but only one motor is spinning @.@ vesc tool is confusing as shit.

How do I diagnose/troubleshoot a misbehaving BLE module? I have a makerx module but it doesn’t like staying connected during rides and doesn’t provide any meaningful data when I try tracking with a variety of apps.

More specifically, I’ve tried Yours Truly, Stormcore, and Vesc Tool. The bluetooth connection does not hold for more than a second at a time during rides. Stationary, it seems fine. The logging/tracking apps give me is nearly meaningless since it just gives me the vesc’s data at a single point in time like 5 times throughout the ride.

Any ideas? Did I just get unlucky with the module or is there something I’m missing? I’ve got a DV4 vesc and the module is brand new.