Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I tried this in the past and it still happened. Would it help to raise the absolute max current from 150 to 250 per side?

1 Like

Try 175a and see. Really not sure how well the fesc could handle upwards 200a. I know its quoted being 200a capable but we all know flipsky embellishes from time to time.

1 Like

Ok. I know it is 200 continuous, but they say “Instantaneous current 400A per single” is that what they claim to be maximum instantaneous?

1 Like

From the wording, yes I’d assume that. But again, its flipsky so im not positive on that.

1 Like

flipsky’s claims are massively… overstated. Try pulling 400a for any amount of time and the esc is 100% toast. Your absolute maximum current is high enough if your motors only pull 78 amps and its set to 150 max.

2 Likes

My settings per side are
Motor 80 -65
Absoulte max 150
Battery 60 -27

Are you saying that there shouldn’t be any issues? Would there be any harm in setting the absolute max to 250 sense it is just for a split second and not continuous? Does absolute max have anything to do with the battery? Or just the motor.
Would trying to run a TB 6355 at 80a cause this?

What is the benefit of precision trucks?

Its precise?

4 Likes

One advantage is that the tighter manufacturing tolerances mean that mounts designed to fit them can also be made to take advantage of those tight tolerances, which can result in less trouble getting them tightened and adjusted nicely.

Also most precision trucks are milled, rather than cast. Most cast alloys are weaker than the usual 6061-T6 that is used for milling.

4 Likes

On Evo builds (or any builds with heavy batteries) do people usually mount the battery to the enclosure (this one is more common I think?) or the underside of the deck and then use the enclosure essentially as a dust cover? I’m building a 12s8p battery for my Evo and wasn’t sure which was the way to go

2 Likes

I would guess enclosure because gravity. Enclosure is like a shell around the battery like for a turtle. Don’t take the shell off a turtle :turtle:

1 Like

bruh

1 Like

Dealer’s choice. There are pros and cons to each.

Mounting to the deck means the enclosure doesn’t have to be as structurally solid (better for abs), doesn’t have to be fastened quite as securely (a loose screw doesn’t have the potential to drop your battery).

Mounting to the enclosure means you can go totally overboard with potting / silicone if you like. It can make maintenance easier if you secure everything and just drop it down.

Wiring can be more/less difficult either way depending on what has to connect to each element - deck (motor wiring), enclosure (power button, charge port), etc etc

3 Likes

What do you call that metal plate that makes it so the screws aren’t exerting all of their force on the screw-rim of the deck?image

1 Like

x-thing / xthing / anti sink plate / top plate / x thingy on top of deck…etc :joy:

i don’t think there was ever an official name for such an item, so everyone just call it something

4 Likes

Yes but I am trying to find one retail and I’ve only been able to get limited results. Are they exclusive to group buys on this forum?

Not using one wouldn’t hurt my deck, would it?

2 Likes

@SabreDynamics

@janpom

https://shop.davega.eu/?product=davega-x-bracket&currency=EUR

@Tony_Stark

@DerelictRobot

@ApexBoards

@moon

Aliexpress

Amazon

8 Likes

no, i don’t think any vendor do exclusive sale only for user on this forum, since technically anyone can join and buy stuff off here.

if u value ur deck, u should use one, but u won’t have to. the x thing is just to prevent the bolt bite into the deck when u tighten the nut by distributing the force to a larger surface.

2 Likes

Also antisink washers are another neat way of protecting the deck. Surprised that they aren’t as commonly bought as I think they look awesome😎

2 Likes

perfect recommendation for the NY riders who are totally missing some chromosomes.

3 Likes