Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I agree with Brian - Sounds like a mechanical vibration issue, not anything electrical.

1 Like

Dumb question but what are those rubbery doo-daas called that you use to help with cable entry into enclosure boxes? I’ve used sealants in the past but never get it looking tidy so wanted to look at some options but google not so good when you don’t know what they are called :man_shrugging:

They’re typically called cable glands

3 Likes

perfect, thankyou, looks like PG11 is the right size for 10awg

1 Like

Alright so I got a question. About to assemble all the electronics in the enclosure. Is it good to add foam on top of the lipos or other electronics (VESC, BMS) so their protected from vibration? Or add foam inside to divide the electronics so they can’t hit each other all tho I’m using velcro to keep them secure?

I would put fishpaper between them and on the sides, and foam on the bottom and top, front and back

You can also use RTV silicone instead of foam

On the lipos or can I add foam on other electronics also? I also said foam cuz I got a lot so might as well use it

Which loctite goes where? Im gonna venture a guess and say, blue on axel and kingpin nuts, red on enclosure bolts and the bolts on my tire hubs.

Depends on how often you’ll be opening or disassembling stuff. Red is permanent and blue is not. What do you mean by enclosure bolts? Do you have threaded inserts?

Reds semi permanent, i can force it off by hand but its easier with a heat gun. Greens the tough stuff. Think imma go blue all around and if anything doesnt hold up ill switch to red

2 Likes

Yeah i already found it lmao

1 Like

lol

Cars don’t place airbags based on the number of crashes you do

wrong

nice. you finish an answer to someone with a question. usually it’s the other way around

2 Likes

@J0ker
I finally decided to just fuckin send it full speed up a hill and I got the fault! I never thought I would be excited to see a problem!
Any idea what this is from?

1 Like

What esc are you running? V4 or v6?

This is just my best guess on a solution, but try bringing the motor amps down to around 60a and see what that does.

1 Like

Im running this guy. Dual VESC6 200A most affordable premium motor controller | Flipsky.net – FLIPSKY

One thing that my fsesc didn’t come with is the little capacitor looking thing connected to the + and - wires.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah I have one but Its on a 10s that doesnt see really any speed.

I’d say drop the motor amps and see what you get.

1 Like

Transient voltage suppression diode, shouldnt be the cause for over current faults.

2 Likes