Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

There’s also the issue where the motors can’t be disassembled or serviced because they use epoxy to mount the phase wires.

The motor has super great electrical properties but its mechanical properties are lacking IMHO. Unless you get a custom batch that addresses all these issues. Especially the lack of serviceability.

1 Like

Zenit marble with BBDS maybe

1 Like

So I have these old focboxes, and I’m wondering what current settings are considered safe for these? I just soldered on new bullet connectors and phase wires, so it’s now 12awg with 4mm bullets. I also have updated them to vesc fw5.2 from 2.8.

I’m running 60/-60 on mine with 5.2 @ 12s and no issues.

1 Like

Truthfully I only ride my boards in perfect conditions so the lack of disassembly doesn’t really matter to me, sales rep said all of their 6485 motors come with the bearing/bearing seat flush now so I’m chancing it. All else fails I’ll be back to flipsky 6384s.

edit, sales rep is confident new all new motors ship with the bearing flush, pcitures are being updated on their site as we speak. Now just to deal with the epoxied phase wires.

The motors we had made addressed all of the issues above… i’m not sure if these things have been made standard or whether it is special request though.

The nice thing about Reacher is that they seem to be happy to do custom stuff at a low MOQ

4 Likes

I’ve got a Landyachtz Evo, a caliber baseplate, EBS riser, and DRI anti sink plate that just do not want to play nice together. It looks like the holes in the evo are slightly out of line with the baseplate and anti sink plate, because they need to be angled very slightly inwards and forced like hell to even get 2 of the 4 mount screws in. It’s very close, so it’s not a case of using new school instead of old school. I’ll add some pictures in a minute. Any suggestions welceome, I can just drill it out a bit but I don’t want to do that unnecessarily - @BigBen was the previous owner of the evo so maybe he can help?

1 Like

I have the same problem with my Switchblade and my Evo, I can’t understand if it’s Surf Rodz fault for fucking up the mount pattern, or Landyachtz the ones that fucked up.

On my switchblade I ended up drilling the baseplate holes to be narrower. On the Evo I just compared using a Radium anti-sink plate, and it looks like both are at fault – The deck holes are too narrow, the truck holes are too wide. Anti-sink plate is in the middle, likely true to size.

Annoying fo sho

1 Like

Hahahahahaha ffs ok I was gonna get out the callipers but it’s a pain trying to measure centre to centre distances as it is, never mind measure them on a set of holes in a soft material like wood. Will see what they’re all at, cheers

1 Like

Yeah evo mounting holes are defo to small, I noticed that right away when mine arrived.

2 Likes

Why do my brand-new cloud wheels smell like ladybugs?

1 Like

How else are they suppose to make you feel like you’re floating???

The wings of ladybugs.

2 Likes

Have you been huffing ladybugs to compare?

6 Likes

Can I run a 54V pack with my trampa vesc 6 mk4’s? Thinking about 15s lifepo4 as opposed to my current 15s lifepo4 (50.4V fully charged). I’m just hoping for a bit more performance. Product page on the vesc says 60V max, but will that be enough headroom for voltage spikes? Would I need to be careful about burning out my 6376’s?
Thx

1 Like

Is 54v nominal or max voltage?

That’s maximum. It’s just like running 13s

1 Like

Should be fine as long as you dont get close to 60v. I may be wrong though. It’s just based off what I know about other 60v max esc that seem to be capable. Just be careful and gear up.

1 Like

Thank you. Can you please recommend the type of JST I need for the hall sensors?

jst-ph 6 pin female

3 Likes

Thank you Evan!