Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Bruhhhh i love that deck what is that?

There are some other tricks, I can’t recall right now. Wax or silly putty or painters tape. There’s a way to do it.

Lol in currently reading everything about fritting on this site, ill probably run into a solution eventually. Couldnt find any fucking frit at the craft stores >:( so i just ordered a bigass bag of black quartz sand on amazon.

Its actually from @NullBlox

2 Likes

Lol i got a set of motors from him! I want that deck though. Its exactly the type of mini-mountainboard id want. Im eyeballin, but it cant be more than 36 inches or so, huh? Plus it matches all my stuff.

If you ever sell it im dropping a predibs right now. XD

1 Like

Love what you did to it! (thanks for the plug.)

2 Likes

Are 12mm speedrings a thing? Honestly ive never had a problem riding without speedrings, anyways, i always lose them.

what size u need?

if u don’t like stainless steel, here is copper version:

Theyre covered, so whichever performs better. But, honestly, 2 less circles tightening the axel nut performs about the same, far as ive seen. And im outta 8mm, and only one of my trucks is running 12, so ill throw em in eventually and roll without for now.

1 Like

u do u, i won’t judge

1 Like

Has anyone run Reacher tech 6485 motors on any boardnamics geardrives (Preferably the M1 gd), I only ask because pictures from the sales page make it seem like the bearing is not flush with the mounting plate of the motor and virtually impossible to mount.

But other pictures on the same page show it flush ish

1 Like

So weird. I would assume you’d need to create an adapter plate for any kind of esk8 mounting

1 Like

Yeah it seems crazy to me their almost-perfect design is plagued with this massive issue, Im going to talk it out with their sales reps, will report back.

1 Like

Hey all, I need to re-crimp one of my hall sensor cables, the grounding wire (black) has a bad crimp. Does anybody know a good crimping set? thanks!

The last few batches(deif/fullsend/skyart)I’ve seen it has been flush. FYI, make sure you ask the sales rep for a left and right pair. They have a weird mounting pattern that will put your motor wire exits at different angles if you get the exact same motor.

3 Likes

Ah yeah sales rep said the same as you, I will definitely ask for a left / right pair now that you say it. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Is possible to build a 16s6p on eboosted haero bro ds enclosure? I want to get the cells and the bms inside the enclosure, the vesc will be out.

I’ve got several crimpers from this brand, and they are very nice.

The SN-2549 supports a wide range of JST crimps.

3 Likes

my friend has this board

and he loves the deck and wants something similar
i am building him another board
he also wants a huge battery (60+ cells. double stack is fine)

suggestions on a deck and enclosure?

It’s not, and it is

But I think there may be a new version without this lip, maybe? I don’t know.

2 Likes