Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

You are correct. Its an increase in diameter by 50 mm thereby giving you an extra 25mm from the axle in all directions.

1 Like

Do these look good?

ESC:

Battery:

For battery wiring -
red = copper braid S connections
blue = cooper braid P connection for split P pack
purple = Positive charge port
orange = negative charge port

BMS: Can I skip B- lead since I have B- port, or do I need both wired?

I would have more solder joints and only one XT connector, which is secured together with cable ties so it doesn’t vibrate apart. The female side of the XT60 is on the battery and the one with prongs is on the other side.

1 Like

Copper braid S connections are generally recommended to avoid if possible. Silicone-covered finely-stranded wire seems to deal with vibrations better

Was gonna use an XT-90, and was planning on using a ziptie to secure the XT90, saw that information before on the forums.

My two main concerns now are the B- port and B- lead, is the lead wire necessary if the port wire is - main already? or should I wire it - main regardless since it’s there?

And the split P pack connection, 1 S connection to each section, and 1 P connection between +/-, is okay?

Unfortunately, the pack is a tight fit, I think I’ll only be able to fit it with use of tinned braided copper. Gonna have to spend lots of time perfecting the space usage. Though I’ll make sure to account for this and vibrations, was gonna put some padding.

At times when I had a tight fit and didn’t want to use braid, I’ve used small AWG copper wire, but just more than one conductor.

A 12AWG wire can carry about the same current as four times 20AWG, for example, and may be easier to fit in a tight place.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’ve been browsing online on forums about esk8 and different boards.

Wondering if you guys would recommend buying a ready to ride board or building your own?
Budget is about $1000USD.

Thanks!

1 Like

Do you want it for a leisure toy or a transportation tool?

What kind of area do you live in?

How much do you weigh?

Are you going to ride once on the weekend on warm summer days and rarely if ever anytime else, or are you going to ride to work and back, rain or shine?

Do you have skatepark experience or downhill skate experience? (these aren’t required but help)

If i run my bored in its old stock firmware it should be fine again ? And since thiers a cannube wire it wont have the issue of only 1 motor spinning whith the vx2 , the only issue is i forngot what stock firm ware is :c any one pleas ?

Anyone got a printable truck mounting template? I’ve printed 3 off google and they aren’t quite to scale…

Please help me be lazy. I don’t wanna draw a rectangle.

2 Likes

skateboard holes.dxf (2.9 KB) Here you go. You will need some kind of program that can read DXFs, and you will probably have to adjust the scaling because often it’s off by a factor of 25.4 too large or too small (inch/metric conversion)

2 Likes

My hero. Thanks mate :call_me_hand: you are the lazy enabler.

Edit: Just read your edit. I’m drawing a rectangle :joy:

4 Likes

Five minutes of Fusion 360 for some kudos online? Sounds like a decent trade to me.

Learning to scale images for proper printing is pretty basic, and DXFs are useful for designing stuff. Get off your lazy butt and just do it lol

4 Likes

I just checked it in QCAD and it seems to be scaled correctly for printing.

1 Like

Lol, i am far better with my hands than I am at computers. I got this with a pencil, protractor and a ruler :+1:

Will be quicker for me to draw accurately than it would be to fuck around with file conversions etc… i will definitely try tho

3 Likes

Give it a shot with QCAD as is. Just open this skateboard holes.dxf (23.5 KB) file, and hit ctrl+p.

(New version - I moved the origin point so you don’t have to.)

2 Likes

Is this just the original Foamies or some clone? Is it good?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62194116340/Wholesale-electric-polyurethane-skateboard-wheels-90mm.html?tracelog=null&redirect=1

Are these original cloud wheels?

What’s the best option in price performance as of today?

• Cloud wheels Discovery
  • Slick revolution foamies
  • Cloud wheels Alibaba
  • Foamies Alibaba

0 voters

You can’t be serious?

8 Likes

They are all exactly the same shit.

#fuckshitcunts

8 Likes

The fact that there is zero mention of cloud wheels anywhere on the page should be a good clue :roll_eyes: :woozy_face:

5 Likes