Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

97mm abec clones. Great on one street here, okay on the other, but no real fun on every other road, especially if it has these little stones embedded to it, or has newered sections (you know what i mean?). riding over them feels like being a giant stumbling over the grand canyon

1 Like

You would be surprised how much of a difference some decent urethane would make.

2 Likes

So TB 110 mm then?

2 Likes

Personally I’ve never ridden them, so I can’t comment. But they do come highly regarded. If I was buying big urethane wheels, that’s what I would be buying.

5 Likes

So you say both cloud wheels and foamies are not to be recommended

1 Like

Correct. Even if the cores weren’t shit, i’ve seen loads of photos of people with ‘punctured’ cloud wheels/foamies.

1 Like

Dude.

You gotta try some real 'thane from California.

5 Likes

Bigger wheels don’t help, trust me… i got the mbs rough stuff wheels (upgrade from 83mm) and they only smoothen out already nice roads.
Nasty roads with the tarmac eroded until the stone edges show unevenly is as shit as ever.
Some mild ones i can speed over at the cost of traction, but the rest is worse than grated drain holes.
My only solution at this point is pneumatics

1 Like

What’s more none of these options fit Calibre 2 trucks.

1 Like

Get one extended axle hanger and slap it on the back baseplate temporarily. Cheapest method so far

110s is something else my man… I orginally had abec 97mm 76a… That was considered soft Thane last year… Then got tb 110 74a and oh wow… Squishy… It’s amazing even over some gravel… If it’s really bad get nummies

3 Likes

Anybody selling the TB 110mm?
I made a “Want to buy” thread but I think these are getting overlooked…

That’s because you make one daily

7 Likes

I will want to try them first before throwing another £120 on wheels that may or may not help.
For pneumatics, at least i see scooters all day blazing past me on shitty roads, silent as fuck too.
I think all those mi 365’s use 200mm pneumatics. There’s a reason they caught on so fast here

1 Like

Does vesc only measure consumption that passes through to the motor?

I am supposed to have a 9000mAh battery, yet i am only able to consume around that number shown.
Is the other 1500mAh lost in the esc, remote receiver, etc?
Or is that simply the expected capacity for 30q’s under high discharge?

1 Like

So 9000mAh + 612 mAh regenerative capacity - > 7438mAh with only 1 percent of battery left…
Resons could be cutoff voltage. You dont empty your battery to “real 0 percent” most cases. Assuming your battery pack is brand new, it could be really be that.
When on 34V most people already have set their cutoffs, having ~ 8 percent of battery left.
But why the difference is so big… Idk.
Maybe add not 100% full charging, maybe some losses in the ESC itself into heat that aren’t put into the motor etc. Also they’re 3000mAh under perfect conditions only, for sure.

2 Likes

The regenerative part i would skip it all together tbh. Maybe 20% of that actually got transformed back into battery charge. Most of it is agressive braking in london peak time traffic
Battery was at 38.4v in the screenshot (12s)
My cutoff voltages are default -1v on every number

Battery charges up to around 50.(1~2)v, maybe balances for a bit and stops around 50.3v measured by the esc and drops to 50v left alone (~95%). I think it’s pretty full?

One thing is that maker-x esc runs pretty hot by default… hovers around 40°c doing nothing, even if booted from 10°

What cutoffs do people use for 12s?
Taking in consideration sag of course…

1 Like

Hey all! New user here and new to esk8.

I just received my vestarboard Blackhawk and it has the all terrain wheels on it. I want to get some street wheels/cloud wheels that can hit high top speeds. I was thinking either 110mm or 120mm. What are you recommendations and what kind of pulling/gears would I need to buy to attach it to the board? I’m looking for highest top speed possible.

Motors = 6368 2000w*2

1 Like

People here dont recommend the cloud wheels or foamies.
At the moment, better go PU (standard material) or pneumatic. A large diameter of good quality PU seems to be best of both range and comfort at the moment.
At least was I told so.
TorqueBoards have 110mm wheels that seem to be quite nice.

Please add your motors KV, so we know what gear ratio makes sense!

In theory you can achieve very high top speeds but be aware that it will take very, very long to get there.
What you need is a middle ground between torque and top speed you actually plan to reach and feel comfortable at
As a start, in the calculator found in the top bar here, put the numbers you currently have with your board and continue from there

2 Likes