Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

20200609_183237_0001

2 Likes

If I had a screen recorder I would show you that “cloud wheels truck” gives no thread with this question answered sadly as far as I can see.
I know rpk and dpk or how they’re named, work with these wheels, but that was not my intentional question, since I want to know if they fit my trucks @Movation

I hate arguing with you all the time

1 Like

36 tooth pulleys are 2017.

Do yourself a favor and get 40T or higher. 42T ftw

The wheels fit fine, but it’s the pulleys that are the question.

Bolt on pulleys will fit any truck but I don’t recommend bolt-on pulleys.

1 Like

So I should go with press fit and probably a support bearing which leads to the need for a bigger axle which leads me to buying a more than 184mm truck, right? :eyes:

With 10S 190kV and 97mm Wheels currently? :sweat_smile:

yes, imho

yes, definitely

No, not necessarily

see this reply and follow all the links

By the way, the @Boardnamics 184mm hangers are so perfect with a long axle too. Even just one on the rear is fine

2 Likes

Make sure you’re heating up the contacts on the xt90, not just the solder. It will vibrate off with time otherwise.

3 Likes

Sanity check v2

5 Likes

Yes! Top speed 28mph (45kmh) and torque for days with 15t motor pulley

2 Likes

Battery on top, two ESCs on bottom?

pass

3 Likes

Yes sir.

3 Likes

fire it up

4 Likes

I’m a bit confused.
I have a 15T motor pulley as of now and a 36T wheel pulley.
What would you recommend me, with dual 190kv on a 10s battery ?
Which motor / pulley teeth config?
Would like to hit 45kmh as you proposed!
With 15T/36T I’ll hit 60kmh while having the same power… So torque will be a lot less.
My battery will provide 45A-60A
Will I have enough torque with 2.4 ratio? I’ll never ride 60kmh tho…

Go for 15/40T

2 Likes

Without wheel size it’s hard to say but I would not use under 40T unless you’re using under 96mm wheel

:arrow_up:

2 Likes

He’s using 97mm wheels

2 Likes

Yeah I’d do 15/40 and if it’s not fast enough (it will be fast enough) then you can change to 16/40 or 18/40 for hella cheap and easy

If you go ?/36 and you need more torque or want a bigger wheel, now it’s a real problem for you

3 Likes

giphy (29)

2 Likes

Whatever you want for your needs, we can’t make decisions for you. Better yet, do more reading so you know more about the variables that affect something like the gear ratio.

There is also a calculator at the top that will tell you what speeds to expect from certain setups.

1 Like

Yes I know, awesome tool!
But I certainly don’t know what torque to expect when it says I’ll hit 50kmh instead of 45kmh before.