Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

That’s super cool, bookmarking that post haha

3 Likes

Yeaa uhh there isn’t much I can add to what was just said :joy:. I lack the knowledge and he got most of it.

I can say tho they are nice and pretty insane… I think @Arzamenable alluded to it in a post I can’t find but these things are versatile. Carvy at low speeds and nice and firm the faster you go :man_shrugging: Crazy

2 Likes

i charged my battery for the first time and it only went to 40.2 V, it’s a 10s pack. My charger outputs exactly 42V. Could this be a bms problem?

What bms do you have? It could be the bms preventing a full charge, and not necessarily a problem with anything

cheap chinese one, kinda like a daly one

Hmm I’m not sure then; I know with smart BMSs they have configurable cutoffs so i was thinking maybe it was that. Maybe try asking here if no one else knows here :sweat_smile:

On another note, maybe check your p pack voltages too? Not sure if it’s helpful but it can’t hurt to rule those out

Glad I could help

2 Likes

Those sound really good. I can’t wait until they are commercially available.

1 Like

Damn, now it sounds extremely sexy.

The only thing that stopped me from dreaming about chasing cars on urethane was the stabillity. But now it’s not the case anymore I think.

Time to learn kinematics

P.S: daaamn, how stable it will be on tb110…
P.P.S: And with the height adjusted to minimal it could be an ultraboard even on 97s…

1 Like

I’d suggest leaving it on the charger for a couple hours - It’s entirely possible the BMS is preventing a full charge because the cells aren’t perfectly balanced.

If one cell reaches 4.2 before the others, the BMS will stop the charging until it can bleed that high cell down. That process will repeat until all the cells are balanced, and can take several hours or more depending on the pack size and balance current.

5 Likes

It’s been a while and I need to rebuild my setup - duel 6374 190kv motors with flipsky 6.6 pro. One the the mounts is going bad.

Question: can I rerun vesc tool and just run a single motor setup without having to open up the vesc enclosure to tinker with the vesc?

Not without a fancy bluetooth module, and you shouldn’t run a single motor with a dual ESC

1 Like

Okay. I have Bluetooth Module running the vesc app. If that’s what you mean.

I think you would need a METR and the ESC running ACK 3+ to do that, not 100% what the right way is but a typical HM-10 isn’t going to do it

1 Like

Oh okay thanks again.

Edit: found out flipsky duel uses 2 individual vesc on a single pcb so it’s possible to run single motor.

1 Like

My dual 4. 12 vesc sometimes cuts out on one vesc. Its kind of random, but happens more often at high speeds / over rocks (vibrations). I notice that the board is breaking (mostly due to having only half the power because one vesc just turned off).
While trying to not fall off my board, I notice that my davega restarts.
What could be the issue?
I really assume it’s a bad solder joint of the VESC to the battery, causing the VESC to have loose connection.
Someone agrees with that?
Not really that amused to open up the enclosure again…

To clarify:
The VESC turns on again by itself and the davega just restarts, but for a moment, one vesc and the davega are off, which nearly throws me off my board.

Is anyone use this aluminum box for vesc!
It seems will Block 2.4g signal

2 Likes

@seaborder does lately I think.

3 Likes

Smallest dual motor controller based upon the Vedder electronic speed controller aka Vesc© project?

Needs to be roughly the size of a hobbywing esc with being able to stick it to a block of metal for cooling.

Only needs 15-30ish A per motor?

MakerX mini foc seems small enough? Each one is 5cm x 5cm x 1cm, also flat surface so it’s possible to stack them

1 Like