Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

The big takeaway here is that a 75ms cutout usually won’t knock you off balance and a 50ms cutout almost certainly won’t knock you off balance but a 500ms cutout will almost 100% for sure knock you off the board

1 Like

Ahhh i see, thanks for the clarification

TSG pass clear visor has some spots on it I can’t seem to get to go away. Accidentally made a small scuff in the process as well.

Normally I wouldn’t have cared, but the spots/scuff distort my view at night.

Input?

Plastic polish and lots of elbow grease?

Hi folks, new builder from New Zealand. Im nearing the completion of my first build with a single drive on 'thane and DIY 10s2p. Was looking for a well priced dual drive to take a grunty setup of 2 6374 140kv 3500 and AT wheels. Lots around about flipsky 6.6 plus but dare I mention he who should not be named (on this forum) is selling new Focbox’s US$200 - Should I go for It? They are here https://massivestator.com/products/focbox-unity-dual-motor-controller

1 Like

if you get the flipsky one, don’t get the plus variant. It has problems (there was a thread about it, looking for it)

If you buy a unity from JP you support a scammer. Your decision if you can live with it.

edit: referring to this

3 Likes

Is dual 6355 Maytech doable on caliber 2 truck?

Dual 6355 should work but you might need 12mm belts instead of 15mm

3 Likes

Depending on your wheels and belts yes. I’ve got airless 107 wheels that rub on the belt I’ve been doing nothing like troubleshooting. With a 15mm belt it will be hell and cost you sanity and more money for new trucks or pulleys. 12mm probably would work ok

1 Like

Thanks, would it be wrong to use 15mm pulley with 12mm belts?

Idk, on the motor side you might get away with it but if you use a 15mm pulley on the wheel, depending on how thick your motor mount is, you won’t have any clearance between the pulley and the mount, and the 2 motors won’t fit

1 Like

Have a question about hanger size.

How long it should be from bearing to bearing to fit dual 6374?

I ran dual maytech 6355 on e-calibers for a while, those have 10mm longer axles and fit just fine with 15mm belts and 110mm wheels

Yes, with extended axles on caliber trucks it works, I wish I knew that before buying the components last year

Focbox Unity is a better ecs than flipsky IMO or the Stormcore D60 is the new upgraded version

I’m looking for trucks that fix dual 6355 motors with 15mm belts on a vanguard deck. There are some truck hangars by Boardnamics and torque board, 218mm, 220mm, but I’m looking for more narrows look. Any advise

1 Like

Boardnamics 184 are nice if you want to keep the look more narrow, should fit dual 6355 no problem.

4 Likes

Thanks @xsynatic for the reply. I would like something in the price range and appears flipsky non plus 6.6 seems to have good(ish) reviews. Any others to consider (not mega buck)

1 Like

You could run 2x Torqueboard v6 vescs. Might be a bit more than the flipsky (don’t have pricing in my head) but definitely a very good one as it seems. + you don’t support a scammer or a company with horrible QC and CS.

3 Likes

two TBV6 is 270
makerX DV6 is 225 (sale right now)
both cost slightly more than flipshit, but better QC imo

4 Likes